Do you use amp in public?
Jun 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #61 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER4S can be driven fine by iPod unamped?

Yeah. Besides, I doubt anyone would hear much of a difference amped or unamped while commuting or walking a busy street. It's only when I'm studying at a quiet area that I miss bringing an amp. But other than that, F a portable amp. Don't need one. But the Pico Slim does attract me as a nice home amp for my IEMs when I'm in no mood to use my headphones.

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #62 of 138
[size=small]I suppose I can say that I use my portable amp in public. However, since it resides almost always inside my mini camera bag, hardly anyone ever sees it. I simply don't like giving the impression that I am moving with pricey audio gear so my PRII MkII tends to stay under wraps.

I am starting to consider IEMs seriously now but only the more comfortable ones - like the Head Direct RE0. Of course, Head Direct now has announced a new flagship RE3 with a higher price tag than the $169 RE0 although I can't find a decent review or any specs on it as yet. An IEM would allow me to get even more portable.
wink.gif
[/size]

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #65 of 138
I was surprised by the title of this thread. I decided to read it and read several of the pages of posts. I'm still wondering if I'm missing something. I was surprised by the number of people that don't use their headphone amp in public. I use my headphone amp in public. Why else would one spend the kind of money many of us have spent on a portable headphone amp(s)? (to use it at home? at the office, only when sitting alone outside?) I have my rig bundled like many of those pictured. I usually stick it in a pocket and go.

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #66 of 138
I always carry my IMOD & SR71A with external caps w/ me. I'm quite a big fella with a big bag. The rig just provides me w/ music on a train and in office At home I just leave them in my bag for the next day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #67 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Grados as portables. Gotta love it.

I used to carry a 2Move around, but now my iPhone either goes ampless or with a NuForce Icon Mobile attached.

I normally dont use them as portables. That task is normally given to IEMs, (V-Moda, Shure E2C, Denon 351) but there are also issues with them. Like the fact that I cant hear anyone.

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #68 of 138
I was carrying my imod/p51/701 to work everyday. 701 was rapped in a piece of antishock camera cloths and carried in my backpack. Also a camera shoulder bag will accommodate the rig safely. As now for my pro900, it is more portable than 701 and come with a hard case itself. And the case can hold my imod or cdp as well.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #70 of 138
Wow those cans are amazing! Are they available anywhere? With the mods for sale?

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #72 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was surprised by the title of this thread. I decided to read it and read several of the pages of posts. I'm still wondering if I'm missing something. I was surprised by the number of people that don't use their headphone amp in public. I use my headphone amp in public. Why else would one spend the kind of money many of us have spent on a portable headphone amp(s)? (to use it at home? at the office, only when sitting alone outside?) I have my rig bundled like many of those pictured. I usually stick it in a pocket and go.

Because most "portable" amps are too fat/thick to actually just slide in your pocket. The only two amps I'd consider to be REAL portable amps would be the iBasso T4 and the upcoming Headamp Pico Slim. The others are simply too thick without making it bulge in your pants OR does not just slide in your pocket.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #74 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because most "portable" amps are too fat/thick to actually just slide in your pocket. The only two amps I'd consider to be REAL portable amps would be the iBasso T4 and the upcoming Headamp Pico Slim. The others are simply too thick without making it bulge in your pants OR does not just slide in your pocket.

OK, well I guess that explains it. My nano/pico rig fits in my pocket quite nicely. I don't see it as a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back