Do you use amp in public?
Jun 13, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #48 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER4S can be driven fine by iPod unamped?

Yes.

If it weren't for hotels and the RS-1, I'd get rid of mine and I still don't use it very often.

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #49 of 138
Ok so tomorrow is the first time I'm taking my rig on an airplane with me. I was wondering what my chances of actually boarding with something like this are. Also, I know you have to take out all electronics and such and put em on trays. I'm carrying a few pairs of headphones, a bunch of cables, and a spare mp3 player and amp (Never mind my laptop and all the chargers). Do they request that cables and headphones and such be taken out and put into trays also?

airheadsansa.jpg

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #51 of 138
I've been through security with my HR Micro Amp and Micro DAC for years...I keep them in my backpack until I board...I take my laptop out and put in in a tray but the other stuff stays in the backpack...

Never been questioned...they don't even question the insulin with needles and stuff that I carry...

Some people on the plane question what I'm listening to...I'll tell them all about the pure bliss I experience unless I see that they are listening to Bose...then I tell them they wouldn't be interested!!!

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #53 of 138
excellent. just out of curiousity. I use my ESW10jpn from Ipod no amp as well!

What amps fit flush with an Ipod touch besides t4? I wouldn't mind something that is barely noticeable behind one. Smaller or exactly same dimensions and just as thick or maybe slightly thicker? Like holding my blackberry under my 30gb video is very comfortable when im walking the dog. so an amp that size would be great!

I know the Nuforce would but I fear they are garbage. Am I wrong?

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #55 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
excellent. just out of curiousity. I use my ESW10jpn from Ipod no amp as well!

What amps fit flush with an Ipod touch besides t4? I wouldn't mind something that is barely noticeable behind one. Smaller or exactly same dimensions and just as thick or maybe slightly thicker? Like holding my blackberry under my 30gb video is very comfortable when im walking the dog. so an amp that size would be great!

I know the Nuforce would but I fear they are garbage. Am I wrong?

I quite like my nuforce but I use it mainly as a DAC. It helped my Q40s a bit but as soon as I got my MS1s and AD700s I stopped using my Q40s. Never got that much time with them amped to tell you the truth.

Haven't had any problems with it yet, and it sounds a helluva lot better than my onboard sound.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #58 of 138
I have to admit I've really enjoyed this thread.

I do alot of traveling. Post # 50 has nothing to worry about. I carry ALOT of connectors, wires, and other things that sometimes gets a couple passes through the x-ray machine. My carry on has been inspected a couple times but its all good to be frank.

I have a 1st Gen 16GB itouch connected to a Headroom Total BitHead amp with Grado SR60s. Its served me very well. As a side note I keep the itouch in an Otter case. Its a ruggedized case if you need that sort of thing.

I have no problem with ripping the setup out in public. I do get the odd curious looks when I'm in an airport or other places where I have to wait.

I do have to be mindful of the open headphone nature of the SR60s. I have been asked to turn down my volume.

I also travel with a HP HDX 18 notebook. It has an 18" 1080p screen, QX9300 quad CPU, 8 GB RAM with blu-ray player. I connect the Headroom amp to this as well. The notebook accomidates a 2nd harddrive where I store all my music collection.

My audio geekness crosses over into the computer side and vice versa.

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #59 of 138
Being in high school I get some odd looks with a CMOY amp, but I would love to see my fellow students reactions with my Little Dot I+. Or better yet, have them ask to borrow my headphones and see their faces when they see it terminates to 1/4" (Perhaps I should get balanced XLR
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I did have someone peg the CMOY as an amp once. And discovered one day that my homeroom teacher had MS1s. That was an interesting occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back