Do you track your audio purchases?
Nov 5, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #17 of 19
The goal is to be able to replicate music. That sounds easy but as we know we can get in a situation always wanting more. More what? More detail, more true to life?

There is obviously that issue where we wish we had more this or more that? Better tone? .................so we buy a bunch of gear. And then we get to wondering about stuff we don’t have. Curiosity!

Curiosity Killed The Cat. Curiosity Killed The Wallet.

So in the end you have to find some gear you can live with. Some gear you respect. But most of all you need gear that you don’t question. Stuff that simply lets you enjoy music. Gear that makes you feel like you don’t want anymore gear.

If the music sounds right then you could care less about the endless consumption. The never ending crack consumerism train is real. I don’t think we are supposed to keep buying gear endlessly? If we miss a couple years of hype-train purchases.....and miss out on years of “revolutionary technological paradigm shifts”.......we are going to be “OK”.

The goal to win the Head-Fi game is to retire from purchases. To get to a place where you can concentrate on music for five years straight.

But purchasing music can be even crazier! I started with headphones in 1982. I started buying even more headphone equipment after going on Head-Fi in 2006. Since 2003 I’ve spent $60K on music. Headphone equipment I don’t know?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #18 of 19
35 grand but I’m done, have not bought any gear in years. Tested stuff but the bar is set pretty friggen high now. I’m honest tho, but don’t keep track of what I bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back