Do you think you're done?
Mar 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #16 of 57
I do not think, I know! That I am not done.
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I've got a long way to go but I've hit my limit as far as spending goes. From now on I have to sell to buy.

Ahh yes it's sad to see them go. However, you'll get even better things to make up for them!

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #19 of 57
im pretty much done for now... until i have my own place and can setup big floorstanding speakers!

the only thing i can think of improving is getting a sub for movies and a hum filter for my current monitors

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 57
nop.... i mite infact have the longest plan.

havent been able to save much due to other stuff in life....but i have to achieve a lot in this hobby.

but once i save enough...i can start with the process.

firstly,
i need to update my IEM's ..need to get UM56 for Westone 3......coz the universal tips dont give lasting seal

then i need to upgrade amp. for HD600,

upgrade DAC which has a true line-out & of course USB compatible..and portable with laptop.

then when i start working in some company..and have my own money to spend..

i wanna..

upgrade portable setup: Get JH-13pro and get over with the portable setup,

get secondary pair of headphones: something for pop/bassy music..maybe Denon D7000 (i will not sell HD600 to finance this purchase)

and finally for my house...

get a speaker setup ..when i move out next year hopefully..i ll need a good speaker setup in living room to entertain guests at home for house parties & movies.

all these are long-term plans.

u have no idea how much of good impression a great speaker setup makes on the guests.....its the most important thing in your living room which people notice.

so...mite take around 5 years or more to accomplish...so expect me to keep posting unless 2012 is the end of world.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 57
not even close lol I just started
smily_headphones1.gif

My portable setup is fairly good right now but I do want another iem or 2 to provide some variety. I think transportable is pretty similar to the portable but might upgrade the dac i have now into a portable dac/amp sometime later.

I'm not home long enough to have a headphone setup but when I am able to be home for a longer amount of time I'll get myself a dac/amp/headphones but that wont be for many years.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #22 of 57
I didn't buy anything new (other than music) for about 9 months, and I must say, it was a good thing. I was tempted a whole lot, but I knew what I wanted, and I've been saving. Next stop, DACMagic.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh yes it's sad to see them go. However, you'll get even better things to make up for them!

Yea I'm in the same position; if I get something new I'm going to have to sell something to help with the money. Well I mean I don't have to; but it would cut the saving time down considerably
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #24 of 57
done for a while. the last equipment purchase i made was a grado hf-2. whoa, never realized that mine were a head-f1 pair until now!

i'm spending too much money on other things and i've quite content with my emu0404 usb-audioengine A2/hd580 i had at school

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #25 of 57
No, I am not done yet. I still want to buy an Audio Technica AT-HA5000 headphone amplifier and a custom DNM Reson DIN to RCA interconnect cable for my Resolution Audio Opus 21.

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #27 of 57
Yes, for the time being i feel i am satisfied with my equipment.. that's until i go to CanJam in 2 months. I've got quite a list of headphones and set ups i'm looking forward to trying out. Who knows maybe i'll still like my set up, but then again, maybe i won't. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #28 of 57
Portable rig is done.

Need to upgrade headphones on main rig, and I'll see what else needs fine tuning on the main rig when I get there.

I also need to get a pair of forgiving headphones for the main rig because some genres (metal) are virtually unlistenable.

Any upgrades other than these (eg. going from ER4P to JH13pro) will be interest-based only, rather than desire to upgrade.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #30 of 57
For me it goes in 'fits and starts', nothing for a year or so and then far too much all at once. That seems to be the story of my life, so I've learned to accept that I'll settle for a while and then spend far too much!

(By the way; this is my first post... woo-hooo!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back