Do you think Atrio M5 to much bass?
Jun 25, 2007 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Beef_Curry

New Head-Fier
I like overall sound, natural and very smooth. But sometime or some music, especially rock, it think bass(drum bass) is to much. Do you think so?

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 10
As I listen to them (straight out of my Insignia NS-DV4G and Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 players with no additional amp) I do not think they have too much bass.

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 10
I used with Iriver H320. What sleeve or foam do you used?

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef_Curry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Primarily the Shure black foamies, although I switch to the medium Future Sonics bi-flanges on occasion.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Could be the source files. But the bass on mine is fine, as long as I lay off any EQ. Some cuts need a bass boost, but I think it's the recording, not the M5s.

On another thread, someone suggested that the FS foamies (the larger ones) balance out the bass and high end more effectively, and the Shure/Comply foamies and flanges tend to accentuate the bottom end. Also, I just saw where an M5 owner has inverted the Shure olives (medium) on the M5s, and it's a tighter seal. Sounds goofy, but I tried it, and it works. Not sure of its effect on bass, though.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Notice your Gone list has some high-end phones. Didn't like the E500? I can't really see paying that much for an IEM, but others rave about them. Interested in why you sold them. Same with PK1s.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Bass is full, has great texture for an IEM with decent impact.

Some have said the bass may be a shade too full and I could see saying that if you are coming from a bass lite IEM such as the ETY ER4p. If you are used to Senn 650 bass it will be a smooth transition and sound quite similar.

It is not too much for my taste with the right fit. It also does not "cover up" the important midrange the way some bass heavy earphones do.

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 10
Yeah, I'm starting to question my initial impression that the bass was too heavy. Switching to lighter foamies seems to have helped a bit with that... and for all i know, they're still mellowing out. I am really impressed with the impact of the bass, though, and even more so that it doesn't drown out the mids or take away from the detail and sparkle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back