Do you think Apple will ever come out with a full-size/portable headphone?
Jun 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can your "AMD Dragon" run OSX? Don't mean to start a Apple flame war, but there's a price to pay in order to use OSX (Windows users call it the "Apple-tax"). Sure, you can clone a Mac Pro for half the price, but its just not the same without OSX.

Whether that "tax" is justifiable, that's a personal choice. You'll never understand it until you use OSX.

Really just cause we prefer PC you think we haven't used OSX? That's sad if you think that. And I don't like OSX and know plenty of people who don't either.

Also been able to dual boot OSX on a PC with Windows for years, even before Apple switched to Intel. There was a specific project that you could run OSX on a AMD64 system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, on the other hand, if anyone has the power to make hi-fi "cool" or at very least a greater market, it's Apple.

No way. It's Apple that some people would rather say cultivated this culture of NOT listening to music. Music just background music and listening to low quality iTunes junk and with low quality iBuds. I see people all the time going into Best Buy to replace their iBuds with another 10 dollar bud, because they don't care. But not only do they only buy 10 dollar buds, but they buy a bud that LOOKS like the iBuds also. Gotta keep looking cool.

Did you read about the experiement with a music professor at Stanford? He found his students majority listen to music with iPods and prefer the sound of 128 bit music over .wav and lossless.

There you go. For some Apple users, being cool is far more important than the quality of sound.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #34 of 39
NO

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the same time, Steve Jobs could take a dump in a box, and sell it for obscene amounts of money. Considering how, now that there is an option, many times many people are opting to download higher quality songs via itunes, it seems to me that PORTABLE Hi-Fi just may become just as much of a status symbol as the ipod itself did 8 years ago.

I'd imagine a silver ES7 with a white apple on it could easily sell for $300.

Years from now, just as theyve falsely marketed Macs as the ultimate movie/audio-making machine (on top of their multimedia ventures with the MacTV), I can easily see Macs being touted as the ultimate home entertainment desktop. Around this time, Apple will release a Qualia-esque headphone. No Generation-X'er will be without a pair!

I guess you don't need to state that you are ANTI-APPLE. After reading your biased statements it's obvious. That being said, they'll never make one. Not part of their plan for world dominance in everything electronic
dt880smile.png
I've read the plan and know ....

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you don't need to state that you are ANTI-APPLE. After reading your biased statements it's obvious. That being said, they'll never make one. Not part of their plan for world dominance in everything electronic
dt880smile.png
I've read the plan and know ....

I'm anti-apple's-marketing-department and cult-following, not anti-apple
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm anti-apple's-marketing-department and cult-following, not anti-apple
wink.gif

Apple's success has more to do with the absolute failure on the part of it's competition. Look at how Dell would blatantly copy all the hard work done by it's competitors and undercut them on price and eventually put a lot of top notch companies out of business. And let's not get into the ethics of Microsoft.

I think Adobe should of made it's own operating system as should of the Japanese - or at the very least invested in a viable version of Linux.

Also, look at iTunes. A lot of big money companies, Sony, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Virgin and Wal-mart have come and gone as a result of their feeble efforts to make a viable product ensured their demise as much as the product offerings by Apple.

Apple did it in it's own way and so what if they add a little marketing fluff on top of their offerings.

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #38 of 39
I'm sorry if I somehow offended you, Ice.

However, after watching enough "Hello, I'm a Mac" garbage with that trashy indy kid and the associated "cool"-image forced into my face, I have no desire to ever buy any of their products ever again
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #39 of 39
I doubt it, although they did release the Ipod Hifi awhile back which didn't seem to do so well. Would did people here think of it's sound by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back