do you take vitamins?
Apr 5, 2004 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
just curious. i usually take a couple grams of C if i've been working out a lot or been around really sick people. sometimes a little zinc. also i take B12 when i pull all night study sessions.

Apr 5, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Multi vitamins. Every day.

I know some cancel each other's effiency out if you take them at the same time (calcium and iron for instance), but I figure something's better than nothing.

Yep, ditto. I figure I need something to make up for that pizza
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 32
I don't take vitamins at all. I just try to adjust what I eat if I need more of something.

Apr 5, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #7 of 32
I'll take a B-50 complex or multivitamin (irregularly tho... my morning cereal covers some of it anyway). I also have calcium and vitamin C lying around, but never seem to touch 'em.

Been on an experimental herbal/amino kick lately... tried L-Theanine (mellows you out a bit), Sam-e (does nothing), 5-HTP (dislike the effect), Melatonin (dislike it), Ginkgo Biloba (dislike it) and St. John's Wort (really works well for boosting mood).

Apr 5, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #9 of 32
I used to take some pretty serious vitamins with 1500% RDA of B vitamins or something like that. It was like a Red Bull in a pill
biggrin.gif
I just take standard One-A-Day's now.

I don't dig on Ginkgo either Fewtch..

Apr 5, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #10 of 32
I have to take vitamins because of some of the heart medications that I take. I've been feeling much better since doing so.

Apr 5, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #12 of 32
Daily multivitamin. After workouts, protein shake, glutamine, and some chewable Vitamin C (yummy!). Not using it now, but tyrosine has been very helpful. Want to give St. John's Wort a try, maybe it'll help me not be so moody.

Apr 5, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Daily multivitamin. After workouts, protein shake, glutamine, and some chewable Vitamin C (yummy!). Not using it now, but tyrosine has been very helpful. Want to give St. John's Wort a try, maybe it'll help me not be so moody.

Works pretty well for me, but finding the right brand can be tricky. Try "Nature's Way Perika" or "Nature's Way Standardized Extract" (I find both to be effective). "Kira" (Lichtwer Pharma) is supposed to be one of the best too, being the formula used in research studies.

Here's a good place to order in the U.S.:

http://www.iherb.com/sjw.html

Vitacost.com has good prices as well.

Apr 5, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #14 of 32
I've taken a multi-vitamin daily for 15 years, mostly out of paranoia combined with "what the heck, what can it hurt?".

I have a question though. I was reading somewhere that vitamins contained in pills don't really penetrate the stomach lining anyway or something like that. I forget why exactly, but it was argued that these multi-vitamins are essentially useless because they can't be absorbed by the body properly in that form (pill). Anyone know anything about this?

Apr 5, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #15 of 32
I'm too lazy to balance my diet so I take multivitamins every day

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back