Do you take good headphones with you when you go out?
Dec 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #31 of 34
I commuted with a pair of Edition 8s which are quite good in the isolation department for a couple of months last winter, including walking through a dark park rarely seeing anyone.  The only problem they caused was when my colleagues found out how much they cost so much - I thought they were cheap at £400 (they're £1000+ new but telling them that just made them think me more crazy
triportsad.gif
)

Other than that I've only worn Porta Pros (long ago before I found head-fi to make me think about my hearing) and IEMs, none of my other cans would work against traffic noise. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #32 of 34
I occassionally take mt HE-500 with my Theorem 720 fromt time to time, but it's rare.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #33 of 34
While I agree that there is a risk factor to bringing anything outside. Adding headphones to the pile does not do much. On the average school day I have my (Nintendo 3ds, iPod touch 5th gen, wallet, car key, rollerblades, and at least two engineering textbooks... Adding my $300 grado sr-325is no longer seems that risky. Especially with all the fashion brands on campus (beats and others I could immediately notice based on looks alone.) But again, this is a campus where the other week 2 strangers asked me to watch their Mac books to get Starbucks. So it really depends on location as well.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #34 of 34
I don't get as much time to listen to my music at home as much as I used to or would like to so I do take mine with me.

Personally I'm not too worried about crime while on public transport as I think it's too busy with other people for anyone to be stupid enough to try to rob you. I do find myself putting my cans away before I get off and make the last walk through the park to my house though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back