heres another one for you

Paladin.

P(a)l-add-in
Pala-din

biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #92 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Sigh... it's whichever way you prefer to pronounce it. This is just silly... if people know what you're referring to, what's the big deal?
confused.gif

Well... it is a person's name after all... and all the people in NYC looked at me REAL funny when I got here and said "grah-do"...

Best,

-Jason

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:53 AM Post #96 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium
Gra"h"-do is the correct pronounciation

Only americans say Gra"y"do, but who can blame them, they don´t know better
rolleyes.gif

There is only one "correct" way to pronounce someone's name, and that's the way they pronounce it, for your information.

John Grado pronounces his name "Gray-doh" and thus that's the correct way to pronounce his name.

-Matt

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #97 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Was that laugh at me?

I was only repeating what a Norwegian Doctor who speaks 5 languages said to me. Heh, I do pronounce it wrong, Sign How Sir, but I don't think I can change. I'm not going to any meets ever anyway, I'm disabled.

Don't worry mate, I thought the quote was funny, the rest was to other people
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #101 of 145
If john and joe say "gray-doh" then that's probably what we should say. I still prefer gerardo though.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #102 of 145
Genius. I more vote for Gerardo.

Nov 3, 2005 at 10:25 AM Post #103 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I love how this thread pops up every once in a while. It shows that newcomers have the same common thoughts as we did, which means they are well on the way down the path to similar destruction!

Oh, how true!

In June, nothing.

By October, HD580, HD590, HF-1 #392 on order, CMoy, Mint and M3.

I shudder to think what February will be like.

Nov 3, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #104 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
In the U.S. you'd pronounce it with a sibilant "s" (ssssssenheiser), in Germany it probably is "Zenn-hie-zehr." IMO there's no reason to necessarily pronounce it the way it is in a certain country, as long as people know what you're talking about. In fact, it can look pretentious sometimes.

P.S. definitely "Gray-doh" here.

I know it's not pronounced weakly as in Ssen-Hi-Sser, but I don't think Zen-Hi-Zer is totally accurate, given how abrupt the english 'Z' sound is.

Isn't it more like Szen-Hi-Szer?

Heh, just thought I'd add a bit more confusion where it really isn't needed
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back