Do you push the CD tray shut, or hit the "close" button ?
Oct 2, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 32
one of my earliest memories was when i was four or five years old and my dad showed me his brand new cd player. he used the eject button then and i have ever since.

when people push the tray closed, it gives me the willies. especially when you can hear the motor whining as they do it. if any of my friends ever do that to my drives/players, i scream at them.

Oct 2, 2002 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 32
I use the button. I am a little nervous about pushing the tray close. some cdplayer allow you to push the tray (sorry I can't think of the models right now) but others can brake if you push the cd try. So again, it is a lot safer IMO to use the button.

Oct 2, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 32
The poll doesn't have all the proper choices. I usually use the open/close button, but sometimes just push the drawer depending on the drive. For example, if you have a graphite G4 powermac with a DVD-RAM drive and an older keyboard, there's no way to press an open/close button to close the drive once it's open. The only way to close it is to press the drawer, and no damage will come from doing so.

Most drives, either in audio gear or in computers, will not be damaged if you close them by pushing on the drawer. But I still use the open/close buttons most of the time.

Oct 2, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 32
I use the close button on the remote. of my ns500v. Not only am I too lazy to push the tray in, I am too lazy to bend down, push the button and take the cd out. So I just use the remote and then switch the cd.

Oct 2, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 32
No choice really, I have to push the CD tray shut on my main CD player.

Oct 2, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #11 of 32
usually i gently tap the tray and let the motor do the rest (whether it be a review piece or not). then i slap the cd player around a little bit to let it know who's boss.

Oct 2, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 32
Either push the button, or for some cd-rom drives, wait for it to close by itself.

Sometimes all that's necessary is to give it the evil eye.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 32
I'm very literal. Since I push a button to open it, I push the button to close them. Didn't know it would work otherwise.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back