Do you push the CD tray shut, or hit the "close" button ?
Oct 2, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 32
Pushing buttons is fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by royboy2k
Pushing buttons is fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sliding in and out is also fun...
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #19 of 32
I voted button push, but it really depends on the drive for me. I'll usually test a player I come into contact with to see how easy the tray gives in to a push. For those that feel like I'm shoving a brick wall into a slot, I avoid pushing ever again. But for those that feel as if they're eating a CD, much like those slot loading trays you find in cars, those I'll have no probs with pushing in.

It also depends on the price of the equipment. At a certain price point I would never push and shove any part of the player around. Such as the 9000ES I had before or my current CD23.

Oct 3, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #20 of 32
wait a minute...
confused.gif

<removes frosty beverage from tray and inserts CD>

OK - here's where I push the button

WOW! This thing not only holds my drink but it plays CDs too
biggrin.gif

tapping the tray usually spills my drink...

Oct 3, 2002 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 32
On my CD player there is only a button to open the tray which oddly is not used for closing. Hence... push. Only when I load in a CD do I press the play button which shuts the tray & automatically plays the disc... woo hoo...
rolleyes.gif

However, if there is a button for it, I'd go for the button everytime. That's what it's designed for, so use it.
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #23 of 32
on my CD Player (because we haven't said that we're talking computers only) I use my remote control...

So button pusher in the loosest sense I guess

Oct 3, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #24 of 32
Neither!

My trusty Krell is a top loader so I just have to lift that 'ole acryllic lid and pop the cd in place. Secure the cd with the brass puck and gently close the lid and sit back and listen that magical piece of equipment do it's stuff
biggrin.gif

My previous CDP, the venerable Naim CD3.5 (wish i'd kept that as well now - fool to part with such a gem) wasn't motorised at all and I had to pull the drawer/transport open - that's a part of it's design - and pop the cd on the transport along with the small magnetic puck and push it back before pressing play.

On a normal CD I always always always.... use the open/close button to keep the machine in tip top condition. My Rotel transport sheared some teeth off one of it's cogs becuas eof some rough handling my father had given it and the cost of the repair was horrendous.

Sound As Ever.
Slighly bereft of some brain cells after listening to:
MY GENERATION (remastered) - THE WHO on Panny SL-CT790 / MX500

Oct 4, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #25 of 32
Oh, crap, I most definitely press the button, unless, of course, its Jude's equipment. In which case, I don't even use the button to open it. I use the Navy Seal Edition 10" SOG Knife we have in our drawer and pry the sucker open. Or, my second favorite way to open it is with a freshly used toothpick that I stick into that little manual-eject-hole. Just don't tell Jude.

All jokes aside - button. Pressing the tray drives me nuts. That's how people strip gears and get their doors all misaligned.

Oct 4, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #26 of 32
when i'm working on a pc i punch the drive trays shut. this releases my tension so i don't punch my co-workers shut.

Oct 4, 2002 at 6:08 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
All jokes aside - button. Pressing the tray drives me nuts. That's how people strip gears and get their doors all misaligned.

I remember doing that to my old Mitsumi 4x CD-Rom... was all but impossible to get any CDs to play then
frown.gif

Thats when I got my Philips 40x drive... 2000... seems that things have slowed down in CD-Rom land now, whats the top speed? 58 speed... not a lot of difference for 2 1/2 years further down the line...

Oct 5, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #30 of 32
The only clothes button i like to use is my belly button...navel.
I stick my finger it it to pull out the lint, then give it a good sniff.
I use my pinky to wash it out in the shower. That way it never gets more than stinky. I hate a stinky pinky.

Oh....my mean "close" button.

My laptop does not have one. Just push it shut.
My desktop has a EJECT button on the keyboad, and that is what I used.

So the Pole is invalid. It is neither north or south, or near Hungary.

What was the question again ?? <urp>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back