Do you prefer silver interconnects and/or cables with your HD650s? I do.
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rick Hunter

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I prefer my 45$ Bling Bling Dock to my 185$ Jumbo Cryo Dock when I use HD650s...

Do not misunderstand me, the Jumbo Cryo is a WONDERFUL cable, but it's a warm sounding cable and coupled with the warm HD650s the result is a bit too warm/mellow for my tastes... very euphonic but sometimes sleep inducing. Lacks involvment and sometimes sounds a bit "fuzzy"

On the other side the silver Bling Bling dock sorts of opens things up with the warm/mellow HD650: more sparkle in the highs, a bit tighter bass and a more alive, engaging sound...

Do you prefer brighter/colder ICs/cables with your HD650 too?
600smile.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you prefer brighter/colder ICs/cables with your HD650 too?
600smile.gif

Yes. I use homemade hybrid (copper/silver) ICs and the Zu Mobius cable (sort of hybrid as well), alternatively the Silver Dragon. Silver does the HD 650 good, IMO.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, I think silver is very good for HD650. I have Revelation Audio Labs silver cable for my HD650 and my interconnects are silver plated copper (check my signature).

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 4
I think I'll go for a Cotton Dock (6 silver wires insulated with cotton) which should be a bling bling on steroids...
Silver is good for HD650? Then let there be silver. One cotton dock, Ken, please. (-wallet runs to hide under the bed-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back