Do you prefer Iron Maiden with Paul Di'Anno or Bruce Dickinson or Blaze Bayley as a lead singer?
Dec 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17
This is a naive quetion, but you never know.
Obviously Bruce has the best voice among them.

Compare with Rob Halford or Ripper Owens?.

First lead singer Paul Di'Anno:

PaulDiAnno001.jpg

MAIDEN.jpg

1.jpg

Here is the man:

iron_maiden_bruce_live.jpg

bruce83-1.jpg

LP0761-iron-maiden-rio.jpg

RockInRio_Maiden.jpg

How is Bruce's voice now?

There was a rumour in 1993 that Bruce's replacement would have been Michael Kiske
of Halloween.
What do you think about Kiske's fantastic voice and Iron Maiden in 1993 - ...?
I think that Iron Maiden opted for an English native speaker singer (Blaze Bayley).
They simply could not afford to become a German sounding Iron Maiden.

See you on the Bruce's
beerchug.gif
Side
popcorn.gif
Of the Moon

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 17
my fav is Bruce.. his vocal range is mindblowing

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 17
Paul Di'Anno to me is very underrated, and Dickinson while undeniably awesome is a bit overrated. As a whole I still like Dickinson more, even though I don't think he's one of the best metal vocalists out there (he isn't far off though).

And Kiske is an awesome album artist, possibly better than Dickinson, but the live performances of him that I saw on youtube absolutely sucks. Anyway he's a sell out who doesn't want to be related to any metal band, by the time he left Helloween he was already trying to distance himself from the metal scene, so I doubt he would have been in Iron Maiden.

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 17
My favorite is Bruce Dickinson

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 17
Bruce is by far the best, one of my favourite vocalists ever.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 17
Bruce Dickinson. Yes, the Bruce Dickinson.

(not Christopher Walken.
tongue.gif
)

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 17
Dickenson is the man.

Anyone with the name, "Blaze" does not get listened too by me.

Call me finicky, but ...

bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by orys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can't compare dude......
every singer has a style.
it's like comparing black sabbath's ozzy with dio, or ac/dc's bon scott with brian johnson and so on.

Except, in the case of Black Sabbath ... both Ozzy *and* Dio are/were true bad asses.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 17
Bruce

accept no substitutes

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bruce Dickinson can belt it better than Paul Di'Anno...way better. However, to this day, one of my all time favorite Iron Maiden songs is Remember Tomorrow with Di'Anno.

Bruce Dickinson is one of my favorite vocalists ever... But Bruce canNOT sing Remember Tomorrow like Paul could.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #14 of 17
I think Bruce has done too much with and is such a quintessential part of Maiden that I can't vote against him. I, however, think that Paul Di'Anno is a damn good singer, and I preferred Maiden's flavour when he was in front of the mic. The only thing that bugged me about Di'Anno was that he fronted a proudly British band and sang in an American accent (see Phantom of the Opera: can't, mask, etc).

Blaze was a damn fine singer who was just given ***** material to sing, imo. If you can force your brain to dissociate Blaze = bad period in Maiden, I think you'll be forced to admit he's got some serious chops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back