Do you prefer Fazioli or Steinway Pianos?
Sep 13, 2007 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EhJayKim

100+ Head-Fier
Which do you prefer the sound of, Fazioli or Steinways?

Personally, I think that Fazioli's are far superior no questions asked, but what do you guys think? Just curious, not that I could afford either one...

-A

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 6
personally I prefer Steinway (Hamburg), the key action is probably the most responsive I have ever played on; like a good standard German car
wink.gif
unless you prefer the American version.

The truth is that Steinway is so prevalent in music schools that by the time you are done, you will end up just married to the brand; it's comfortable and it's predictable like a pair of old socks...LOL

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 6
I own both a Steinway model D and a Fazioli 212. The Fazioli has the most incredible high tone like crystalline bells ringing it's quite extraordinary. The mid range is beautifully presented and the bass is also fantastic. Its volume for its size is on par with a full concert grand of other piano makes.

The Steinway I think has the best bass tone production.

Touch wise the Fazioli is the best. It's so ridiculously sensitive and responsive. Unfortunately this doesn't help with wrong notes :frowning2:.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Faziloi no doubt. Used to part time in a piano store where they had the most mundane of collections (nothing but Yamaha and Kawai as far as the eye could see), and a few blocks away, there was another store filled to the brim with Steinways, Baldwins, and a big old F308 as the centerpiece. Breathtaking. Unfortunately I could only afford the Baldwin as it was. Steinways that I've heard were real visceral, and that makes my playing sound even more clumsy than it already is.

Nowadays, I've only got a keyboard for practical purpose. No more expensive pianos for me!

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 6
fazioli making is a lot more varied. Some are good some not so good whereas Steinways always maintain a quality level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back