Do you make fun of other peoples gear?
Feb 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Watagump

Twizzler King
Since getting into better headphones, I find myself checking out other headphones I see people wearing. In my head I tell myself, look at those things, they have no idea what good gear is. Of course most of them dont really care, and I cant say for sure what they are using from a distance. I just like feeling cooler, with customs on the way, its only going to get worse, or better I should say.
L3000.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 17
Why would you bother? To be honest, I really couldn't care less if the guy next to me is enjoying his Skullcandy's or not. If he is, great, if not - not my problem.

The only thing that annoys me is that CIEMs aren't common around here, and people look at me odd when I wear mine in public.

You shouldn't feel cooler with customs on the way. If you like what you're hearing great, but it sure as hell won't make you cool and I really hope that wasn't part of your thoughts when you ordered some. - you'll need a set of Beats by Dre to make people think that you're cool, sadly.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 17
I don't, people already compare clothes, cars,houses, looks, jobs, money,etc.  I have had people come up and try to have conversations with me with my customs in.  Maybe they think it's body jewerly or something?  People like what they like, there will always be people with bigger and better gear.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Why would you bother? To be honest, I really couldn't care less if the guy next to me is enjoying his Skullcandy's or not. If he is, great, if not - not my problem.

The only thing that annoys me is that CIEMs aren't common around here, and people look at me odd when I wear mine in public.

You shouldn't feel cooler with customs on the way. If you like what you're hearing great, but it sure as hell won't make you cool and I really hope that wasn't part of your thoughts when you ordered some. - you'll need a set of Beats by Dre to make people think that you're cool, sadly.

I find people look at the TF10 also. They do stick out quite a bit. As for customs, I decided to go that route for many reasons.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #10 of 17
Childish but true, when someone openly says his/her headphones are better, I try to compare with my own a900x. ONLY towards people that has a bose or beats that is in the same price range as the a900xs. I just say they get ripped off, and they could have found other headphones, even the ones that kick mine out of the water. But it is a different SQ, so if they like what they hear, I do have a change of heart and say, if you really believe the sound is what you like, then it is a good purchase. HOWEVER, DO NOT say it is better than any other headphone.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #11 of 17
I only make fun of people bragging about their skullcandys.  My suitemate was and I told him to get some JVC Marshmallows, which are about the same price. He thanked me immediately after.  I wouldn't say I inwardly make fun of people, but it makes me sad when people listen to stock ipod headphones.
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
I only make fun of people bragging about their skullcandys.  My suitemate was and I told him to get some JVC Marshmallows, which are about the same price. He thanked me immediately after.  I wouldn't say I inwardly make fun of people, but it makes me sad when people listen to stock ipod headphones.
frown.gif

My 1st pair of headphones were Skullcandy Inkd. After moving up from those, I had the set I bought lying around. One day at work a clients daughter broke the headphones she was using. So I decided to give her my old Ink'd. I didnt want to leave out their other daughter so I bought her a new pair for $10 bucks. Just this week I saw them and I had my TF10 on, I said mine are better than yours, of course one of them said, no they arent.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
They just don't really care about music. No, I don't make fun of them.

Actually they may care MORE about the music.  Too many HERE are focused too much on the gear and forget about enjoying the music.

Having a 60" HDTV doesn't mean you like movies more than the guy that watches them on a 32" tube set.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 17
Making fun of people's headphones is just stupid. Each person has his own priorities.There are persons who care about their headphones, and there are persons who don't. It's as simple as that. 

I feel bad for those who brag about their overpriced headphones such as beats though.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #15 of 17
Well said good sir... although my 60" is pretty nice 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Actually they may care MORE about the music.  Too many HERE are focused too much on the gear and forget about enjoying the music.

Having a 60" HDTV doesn't mean you like movies more than the guy that watches them on a 32" tube set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back