Do you listen to your music or do you listen to your equipment?
Jul 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #34 of 61
I think if all I had was a Beta22 and a pair of R-10's, I would prolly be on the FS forum until I bought something else to compare it to, and of course I completely omitted the source, forget about the IC's.
(scratching my head, did I forget to check the mailbox?)

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #35 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by graben /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about trying a Stax then?

No money. :|

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #37 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the Beta22, I listen to the beautiful music, with most other amps, I criticize their shortcomings.

When can we expect a micro-review, F.A.?
....and a link to the Beta in your sig.

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #38 of 61
When I listen to live music I listen to the music. When I listen to phones I listen to both the phones and the music because I enjoy phones just as much as the music. Phones are technological marvels and, like fine watches, can be appreciated for what they are in their own right.

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #40 of 61
some CDs sound better than ever, b/c my gear allows the music to come through, but others I can't listen to anymore, b/c the recording quality is too poor.

so i guess - and ideally - i listen to both.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #42 of 61
I listen to the music, but it's pretty hard to ignore how much better the music sounds on my home rig. Sounds like poo in the car... I'd upgrade the car system to sound at least decent, but I don't really intend to keep this car very long.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #43 of 61
I listen to music reproduced by my equipment, so sometimes my musical purchases are dictated by equipment, given that i have decided to buy vinyl only for various reasons, i got into much music genres i didn't even know before head-fi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back