Do you listen to music as you fall asleep?
Nov 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 30
Ive been listening to podcasts,etc; this way for the last 4-6 months. Now that Christmas music is on, its more important that ever. It puts me in REM 2, and sometimes i wake up at 1-3AM and forgot that i didn't take my SE535's out so i take em out, and throw on my Pioneer 1250.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
W3 in my ears almost every night.

Westones are oh so comfy even when lying on the side 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 30
I can't sadly. I've found it messes with my Circadian rhythms. I would wake up in the middle of the night with my heart racing so I've decided to try and just fall asleep sans-music .. I do listen to music before bed though :)

Side note, I do worry that I Will break them. Especially my MS-Pro's. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 30

Quote:
Same for me. Not while I sleep, but I love to listen before I sleep. Nothing like lying in a dark quiet room with a good set of cans and some great music - you tend to hear things you don't notice at any other time...

Precisely, good sir. Sometimes I catch myself having fallen asleep, and then waking up when the next album comes on. I don't really like that, means that I missed the end of the album!

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #21 of 30
Yes usually something like Mazzy Star, I also like the internet radio stations that play ambient,soundscapes type music.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #23 of 30
I sometimes like to enjoy music when I go to sleep but it must be music of a soft and smooth texture.  Air is great to fall asleep too as well as Zero 7.  Lately I haven't done this as I usually need to listen out for the baby monitor.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
Same for me. Not while I sleep, but I love to listen before I sleep. Nothing like lying in a dark quiet room with a good set of cans and some great music - you tend to hear things you don't notice at any other time...

Same as these guys. i always listen for a while before going to sleep, but I take the headphones off before I sleep :)

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 30
All i need is classical and i fall asleep in minutes
k701smile.gif

Yes i went there.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #27 of 30
I have a 20min catnap (me and Buffy The Cat) every evening but not with headphones.  I play something boring, like ambient, I am not actually listening.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #28 of 30

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncle Erik:
Yes!

But I often use the radio. The local NPR station plays the wonderful Peter Van De Graff program (classical) at night. He plays a lot of obscure stuff and it seems I learn something new every night. I love that guy.

Our NPR station here in eastern NC has him on also.  His selections are just fantastic.  I listen on my Tivoli with an old Headbanger and K501s when I 'm winding down for the night.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #29 of 30
It helps if I'm keyed up about something to listen to something quite and instrumental. It calms me down and before I know it, I'm asleep.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #30 of 30
i usually never try to fall asleep to music on but after long day and i sit down listening to my speakers,sometimes i do actually fall asleep without knowing,but man do my neck hurt like heck after i wake up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back