Do you listen daily? For how long?
Nov 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
How long do you listen to music on average? I don't listen daily but when I do it's for about.....1 to 3 hours. I can have days where it will be around 5 hours though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear music for maybe 7 hours a day (including studytime etc). I listen to music for maybe an hour a day.

If I'm at work it's all day as we have streaming music into the shop (it's not very good music) and we also have a CD out-front blasting out Christmas songs (THE PAIN). I run a toy shop...
icon10.gif

If I'm at home (on a day off - which is now 3 or 4 days a week (got to love being the boss)) I'll use my speakers for anywhere between an hour to three hours and the cans for at least four hours everyday. If I've come come home from work I'll listen to at least two to three hours via phones before going to bed (may be more).

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 56
I hear up to around 5 or 6 daily, but most of that time I'm doing schoolwork. Generally, I get to really listen to about an hour or two max every day.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear music for maybe 7 hours a day (including studytime etc). I listen to music for maybe an hour a day.

Good distinction.

I have headphones on for 8 hours while at work. Maybe 1-2 of those hours are really in a blitz of concentration. The other 6 are pretty much grind grind grind through the day.

At home, I listen for another 8 hours or so. 1 hour of which is real true listening, the other is just hearing the music.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 56
following iPoodz distinction, I have music on for 3 hours or so average, I'd estimate. If I don't have a lot of things to do in the evening, I try to fit in an hour or two of just listening. Unfortunately, that's not possible every night.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 56
I have music on 5-10 hours a day at work, 2 hours a day while commuting, and 0-2 hours a week day evening. On weekends, 0-5 hours of music. I'm lucky if I get an hour a day of active listening though.

99% of my listening is with headphones, even at home. My wife is hard of hearing and doesn't like noise.

Nov 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #14 of 56
Makes you wonder what people 'did' before the advent of affordable radio tuners. You'd go to work.. and work in silence all day then come home to silence and go to bed in silence. If you were lucky someone in your family had musical talent of any kind (instrument or vocal) to break up the monotony.

I have quality music on about about 14 hours a day (almost my entire waking period) with about 1-2 hours of that, on average, real listening.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #15 of 56
About 13 hours a day of music, 2 - 3 of those are really listening.

I agree with you Maxvla. How did people without access to music and listening devices avoid going insane?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back