Do you like spam?
Oct 12, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #46 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure. Especially with rice, eggs and ketchup.

Thats how my wife eats it. Lots of ketchup.

I eat it for lunch about once a month. Spam and rice with some sweetened shoyu. Once I bought the turkey Spam and made a fried egg and spam sandwich for breakfast. It was tasty.

I only get the lower fat version.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #47 of 85
There's this Chinese cooking called the "Western Fried Rice".. You stir fry spam (or how the Asians call it, luncheon meat), eggs, rice (overnight, it's less sticky to the pan, and it's the secret to good fried rice), ketchup, hot dog bits, veggies (peas, corn and carrots)..

It's also good with ramen (or instant noodle, however you want to call them). Pan fry them till they're dark with some scrambled eggs.

Ohhhh, spam..
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #49 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's this Chinese cooking called the "Western Fried Rice".. You stir fry spam (or how the Asians call it, luncheon meat), eggs, rice (overnight, it's less sticky to the pan, and it's the secret to good fried rice), ketchup, hot dog bits, veggies (peas, corn and carrots)..

We just put diced spams, eggs, diced vegies and any leftover rice on a frying pan and stir fry it until it's lightly turned brownish. All you need after that is some ketchup as you would put on omelets. Tastes just like it, too. Wait, isn't that how you cook omelets any way?

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #50 of 85
Spam fried rice, spam and eggs with ramen, all good! (Ketchup in spam fried rice? That sounds... not so appetizing to me.)

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #51 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spam fried rice, spam and eggs with ramen, all good! (Ketchup in spam fried rice? That sounds... not so appetizing to me.)

You'll be pleasantly surprised. Some combination sounds awkward but they're not as bad as you think. Of course, the key is to not to use it too much. You'll want your rice to look pink-ish, not ketchup-red.

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #52 of 85
When I worked at a local chain grocery store years ago and Spam or Vienna Sausage were sale items of the week, it would get wiped out faster than we can restock the shelves.

Jun 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #55 of 85
Since this thread is bumped, i suppose I'll answer....

IT'S MEAT IN A CAN!  How can anyone stomach such an idea? 

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #56 of 85
Well i guess we now know youre not politically correct? ...lol 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Nothing turns me off more than the idea of meat in a can. I never have, and never will, eat spam

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #57 of 85
Jun 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #58 of 85
Actually SPAM is over $3.00usd per can, and isnt all that cheap.
Better off with some $0.99 per package hotdogs or chicken.
Tuna is cheaper. 

Quote:
^ I can see that happening during economic downturn, money is tight and people are stretching their grocery monies.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #59 of 85
Youve given the secret to good fried rice. The chinese mafia will now have to kill you.
You will be given a red scroll when it is time. It will have a dragon on it and tied in red thread.
ph34r.gif

Quote:

It's also good with ramen (or instant noodle, however you want to call them). Pan fry them till they're dark with some scrambled eggs.

Ohhhh, spam..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back