Do you let your pets sleep on your bed?
Dec 6, 2011 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
I gave in last night.  It was about 38° F and I turned on the heater, which is a gas unit in the hallway.  AC is central but heat isn't.

Birdie (the cat) has a nice bed on a chair with a couple blankets, but I've kept her out of the bedroom since I don't want hair all over the comforter.  Since the door was open to get heat, she crashed on the bed last night.

It went well.  She curled up at the foot of the bed and there were no early morning foot attacks.  That has been an issue with other cats.

So I'm thinking about letting her in every night.  She liked it and it was nice to have a purring lump of fur in there.

How many of you let your cats and dogs sleep on your bed?  Any tips for pet hair management?  I'd sort of like a pet-hair-free-zone, but the kitty was happy and very well-behaved, as she always is.  What do you think?

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 22
Yep, cats on my feet.

But in the morning they get hungry and biting starts...

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 22
my cats have habit sleeping on my back. one actually climb up near my head and like having it's paws hang over my head. i don't mind since i'm pretty heavy sleeper. also mittens for some how finds way to push me off my pillow and steal it from me during the night. only place i never let them on is my desk cause i don't want cat hair on it and since they're white so when they get cat hair on something it's noticeable.

my blanket i don't mind when i go to sleep or my pillow if they sleep with me cause every morning i clean it and put it up anyways.

for removing hair all i use is my shop-vac and duct tape if i have to. preventing it going on....maybe anti-static spray only thing i can think of. since it's the static from cotton that attracts hair and dust in the air. that might work but i never tried personally.

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 22
Ofcourse, let her in. See how it goes.

I think I gave in when Lou started scratching the door too early. I did want my bedroom to be cat-free especially because I'm a light sleeper (the sound of cleaning herself can really get to me sometimes). When I started using earplugs to keep out neighbours noise that's not a big thing anymore. As for the few hairs, I don't have a problem with it. My vacuumcleaner has a brand new bag! In the end I know she likes being close and I started appreciating it much more than I expected. Pleasure overrules the drawbacks and drawbacks keeps it interesting.

Oh yes, the footattacks, the frequency is less but I keep fearing it haha

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #5 of 22
Does Birdie get her paws dirty very often ? Dirty paws can be very annoying to some people. Although personally I let my dogs sleep on my bed even though he has some seriously dirt paws, I just have to clean more often
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 22
My Grey cat sleeps with us sometimes. He's my listening room buddy too.Very affectionate.

I have a Chihuahua/ Papillon [looks like 90% Papillon] that likes to sleep as close as possible, often his head on my pillow when I first come to bed, then he gives me my space. I can't resist because he's the sweetest dog I've ever owned and such a low odor dog(get's a bath once a month anyway). His name is Pico named as a tiny puppy just as the original Pico amp was released.

My other dog is a mix (mostly miniature American Eskimo), also a sweetheart that mostly sleeps at our feet some nights. 

Of course my dogs love my wife best because she feeds them. Such suck ups.

The hair issue. Yes there is hair everywhere but I brush them to minimize it but that's life and worth it to me.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 22
i only own a dog, a 45lb female beagle, she sleeps on everyones bed, when I wake up, she likes to roll in it and mess up the sheets

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #12 of 22
Well if you really want to let your pet into bed, I say go ahead.... your just going to have to clean up all the hair afterwards :confused_face:

thanks captain obvious! :D

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 22
My ex-wife only let me sleep on the sofa.

sounds like you have to change your A game. lots of vitamin C,zinc and water.....wait...i'm thinking of something else.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #14 of 22
My cats only sleep on the bed when I ain't in it.  There have been complaints about the snoring, gas emission,  and movements of the human occupant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back