Do you have a case for your ipod?
Jul 15, 2003 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

pennylane

500+ Head-Fier
If so, what kind?
I'm wondering how I can keep the scroll wheel clean. I don't really want to use something bulky or anything... But I'd like to keep the scrollwheel clean.

If it gets dirty, how can I clean it?

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 25
iGlove, though it's bulky. Which version do you have? I'm guessing first gen from all the scroll wheel talk. If so look at this.

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 25
I use the stock case. Not a scratch on the front or back, keeps everything protected and clean. I listen to songs at random anyway and use the remote to pause, skip, etc. Amp controls the volume.

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 25
i have a leather "Incase" case for my ist gen 5 gigger. it's classy looking, and protects very well. in fact, all of my friends comment on how it can turn a fragile iPod into a leather encased tank!

my newer 2nd 10 gigger uses the included case...
rolleyes.gif

i heard some horror stories about how the included case easily scratches the back of the iPod by the little "apple" tag that hangs at the inside top back face of the case. i took no chances and bought a piece of high-static plastic film to cover my iPod. no scratches!
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 25
I use the stock case. Not the hard one, the soft one with the drawstring. I don't mind if the device scratches.

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 25
Vaja i-Vod all the way.
biggrin.gif
I've been using Vaja cases ever since the Palm IIIc days, including various versions for my iPaq and the Loox when I used to have one. Sure they're expensive - but as with (most) headphones - you get what you pay for.

Jul 16, 2003 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 25
I've got the iSee. Great clear case that really shows off the beauty of the iPod. The stock case was allowing minor scratches on the (exposed) sides and didn't allow front control w/out taking it out of the case. If I wanted to hide my iPod all the time, I'd have bought a Nomad.
The iSee looks great, but leaves the scroll wheel (and access ports) exposed. The screen is protected, and the case provides some shock protection. The biggest problem I've seen with the iSee is the front cover can pop off when dropped (I've read this in a few ) ejecting the iPod from the case, which seems to defeat the purpose of the impact protection of the case. Also, frequent insertion/removal from the case can result in minor scratches if not done carefully. I've solved this by SUPER GLUEing the front cover onto the case -- locking my iPod inside. I've got access to everything I need, and if I REALLY need access for some critical reason -- hey it's just a $30 case. I can crack it open. I'd rather it take the abuse than my $300 iPod.

Jul 16, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #14 of 25
iGlove on a 1st generation unit. Easier to grip. Doesn't get too dirty inside, but the outside is a lint/dirt magnet. I use scotchtape to remove any visible debris.

Jul 16, 2003 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 25
i would like an iskin, but after the paypal fiasco, i am so reluctant to buy online ever again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back