Do you have a case for your ipod?
Jul 16, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Leo
iGlove on a 1st generation unit. Easier to grip. Doesn't get too dirty inside, but the outside is a lint/dirt magnet. I use scotchtape to remove any visible debris.

You sure you mean the iGlove? It's made out of leather so not sure how it's a lint/dirt magnet. Sounds more like one of those translucent rubber things.

Also all the seams on the iGlove are on the outside so no scratches. Again though it adds bulk.

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal
i would like an iskin, but after the paypal fiasco, i am so reluctant to buy online ever again...

first of all...you can buy one with just a credit card, no need to use paypal.

secondly, which paypal fiasco?

thirdly, i've been using paypal for almost 2 years and even have one of their mastercard debit cards and have had ZERO problems with them. they were VERY helpful in getting my stuff shipped from a bad reseller.

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by torchedlh
first of all...you can buy one with just a credit card, no need to use paypal.

secondly, which paypal fiasco?

thirdly, i've been using paypal for almost 2 years and even have one of their mastercard debit cards and have had ZERO problems with them. they were VERY helpful in getting my stuff shipped from a bad reseller.

they are based in america are they not? they will have problems verifying my UK credit card.

i got ripped off for $400 on paypal by someone reversing a payment on me, i know have 120 days to pay it back.

i dont have $400.

[blatant cheek mode]heh, if anyone wants to donate $1 it would be very much appreciated. i figure there's enough headfier's out there to help[/blatant cheek mode]

see how desperate i am, i've resorted to begging

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:02 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal
they are based in america are they not? they will have problems verifying my UK credit card.

i got ripped off for $400 on paypal by someone reversing a payment on me, i know have 120 days to pay it back.

Could you explain this? Just curious for everyones protection.

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 25
i sold something to someone, they paid me, i shipped it out, they claimed it never turned up, even though i sent it dhl, they still claimed they didn't get it when i had proof it turned up at the address at least.
they reversed the payment without even letting me know, i had to ask for an explanation. (apparently someone stole thier paypal account...uh huh sure)
i dont qualify for seller protection becuase i'm in the uk, paypal "investigated" i now "owe" them $400.

there are many, many, many, similar stories at www.paypalsucks.com

(oh and the paypal address is fluffyDOTbunnyATblueyonderDOTcoDOTuk if anyone's feeling generous
eggosmile.gif
)

Jul 18, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #23 of 25
I use the stock case for my 2nd 10 GB ipod. I think it is impossible for the the iPod to be scratch free. I'm fine with scracth, but try to minimize it.

Jul 18, 2003 at 12:22 PM Post #25 of 25
I have a case but I don't use it. My iPod has light scratches on its back but I don't really care too much - it still looks great and I don't want to cover it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back