Do you guys want another Quail group buy?
Jul 13, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #16 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
You guys are incredible, there is no single power cord in your hands yet, not even in strohmie's hands, and you are trying to get another group buy. Why not waiting for those to arrive, take a good look at them, try them, and later after a few reviews, if we like them, then organize the next.....???? Maybe we could improve the next ones with some extra suggestions......
confused.gif

Well, that's not exactly fair. For one thing, we've got almost a half dozen people already interested in the current group buy who missed out on the purchase unless buyers fall through, so there's at least some interest already. For another thing, acidtripwow reviewed this cord a couple years ago against a $125 cord and found them to be of equal quality. Hell, it was Jude who originally turned everyone on to the cord's existence. So it's not as if this cord hasn't been documented as a good deal for the cost.

There's already interest, so why not another group buy? If you don't want more, don't buy more. Simple as that.

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #18 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Well, that's not exactly fair. For one thing, we've got almost a half dozen people already interested in the current group buy who missed out on the purchase unless buyers fall through, so there's at least some interest already. For another thing, acidtripwow reviewed this cord a couple years ago against a $125 cord and found them to be of equal quality. Hell, it was Jude who originally turned everyone on to the cord's existence. So it's not as if this cord hasn't been documented as a good deal for the cost.

There's already interest, so why not another group buy? If you don't want more, don't buy more. Simple as that.

Sorry, but first, who missed the cable buy group were just because they want to, just look how many times we called people to send the payment, and how long it took to be organized, and finally placed. Even after the order was placed, there was a still chance to include some others, and finally even tortie ordered a few more just in case.....so IMO who missed the first order, was becasue he (or she) wanted....with maybe a few exceptions, of course...

Second, sorry but that cable he reviewed, is not exactly the same we ordered, our cable has ferribe beads on each end, and it is shielded. This one reviewed is the same I have here now, with no shielding, and no ferrite, if they were the same I would not order any of those ones...what for???

Yes, IIRC Jude just mentioned it, (the one I have here, not the one we ordered) but the actual review IIRC was never posted, so IMO there is only a reference, of that this cable exists, period, but nothing else. Nobody knows if it is good or bad, we hope it will be good though....

We took the chance, to see if it is what we are looking for, but there is nothing for sure, so why not waiting for these first to arrive to see???...But it was just a suggestion, a comment, BTW it is perfectly understandable for me also that others, as well, want to take the chance given the low cost....

Well resuming, if there is another group buy, we vote for you to voluntarily assist them with the shipping again, given your prior expenrience, what the heck???.....LOL....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 120
Quote:

Sorry, but first, who missed the cable buy group were just because they want to, just look how many times we called people to send the payment, and how long it took to be organized, and finally placed. Even after the order was placed, there was a still chance to include some others, and finally even tortie ordered a few more just in case.....so IMO who missed the first order, was becasue he (or she) wanted....with maybe a few exceptions, of course...

Well, let me put it this way -- we had about 80 buyers the first time around. Head-Fi has almost 14,000 members. I get the feeling that not everyone on the site actually saw this thread, and honestly, I almost missed it myself. And now look at me, 48 hours away from being head to toe in cords.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 120
Strohmie,

I'm can't believe I miss this group buy. I was looking for good quality power cord for awhile. I rarely check the cable forum. I didn't realize that you guys were doing a group buy. I hope we have enough people for another round. Darn it.
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #21 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
And now look at me, 48 hours away from being head to toe in cords.
very_evil_smiley.gif

woohoo, more fun previews of what types of photos strohmie is going to provide for us.
biggrin.gif

regarding the second group buy... the last one I barely made it since I registered only a few days prior to the extended deadline and only was able to get payment in for one cord due to problems I had getting enough money through paypal to tortie. I know that there has been a lot of new members that registered here after the order was finalized, and would assume that even though there were a few extra cords ordered that won't be enough to account for the new Head-Fiers that may want one and others that haven't found out about the group buy until now.

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #22 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Strohmie,

I'm can't believe I miss this group buy. I was looking for good quality power cord for awhile. I rarely check the cable forum. I didn't realize that you guys were doing a group buy. I hope we have enough people for another round. Darn it.
tongue.gif

That is why the first thing I do everyday is to check the "New Posts"......

BTW there are a huge amount of members that will not even look at a $12.00 power cord....and others maybe do not need them.....But of those 14,000 members I know of at least 5 or 6 that would like to order some, so I will PM them.....Don't forget also the group buy for the European members (different AC connector)

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #23 of 120
Quote:

You guys are incredible, there is no single power cord in your hands yet, not even in strohmie's hands, and you are trying to get another group buy.

This is only an interest check to see if we have the numbers for a second group buy. With the length of time it took to organize the first group buy, its good to get a head start with this one. The 2nd group buy is not a sure thing, as there will be lots of thing to arrange, like looking for some other saint to handle the shipping aside from strohmie
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #25 of 120
I'm interested in 3 since I failed to complete my order the first time around. Btw, am i still on the "leftovers list?"
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #27 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
Btw, am i still on the "leftovers list?"
tongue.gif

Yes you are. But I doubt it if we could accomodate more than 2 to 3 guys in that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back