Do you guys really use your cans?
Jan 20, 2003 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Right now I'm kind of wondering if I can really justify the time and money I've put into headphones. I loved my K 501s and my HD600s, but never used them for more then around 5 hours a week. Now I can remember putting on my HD600s twice since mid-december.

Is it just me, or do some of you guys truly enjoy reading and researching and bargain hunting more then actually listening? Or maybe I'm just enjoying having a real speaker system for the first time in my life enough not to miss them.

Jan 20, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 39
i listen to mine several hours a day.

but yes if i had more money i'd probly have more headphones than i could listen to. i'd love the bargain hunting and the acquiring.

this is also the reason i told myself i'd never have more than 3 headphones (good ones... cheap crap doesn't count
redface.gif
)

Jan 20, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 39
You can refer to this, a poll I made of the amount of time people spend listening to music each week.

Although I didn't specify 'headphone listening time'

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 20, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #6 of 39
I would have to say that I do enjoy coming here and discussing things and learning about the models and researching my perfect system, but I wouldn't be doing all of this if I didn't need a headphone system. Nor if I didn't listen to music much. I don't really have good speakers, nor can I afford them, nor is it a practical way for me to listen so headphones are ideal for me.

Hmm...I think I'd have more headphones than I need if I had the money to spend though. I can only dream right now
smily_headphones1.gif

With my Ultrasones only 2 weeks away though, I'm happy for now
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, I want to get the D66 Eggos as well...and maybe some nice open phones like the HD 580's in the future...or some Grados...or...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 39
I prefer speakers to cans too, but sometimes I listen very late at night. I use my mine almost everyday/night whether it's music or movies.
md

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:30 AM Post #9 of 39
I actually prefer the intimacy of headphones. Especially my Ety's.

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #10 of 39
I have always enjoyed nice headphones, though I'm sure I would love a great speaker setup as well. It all comes down to $ and living situations. The better my system sounds, the more it beckons me..

Biggie.

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #12 of 39
Hey Gopher!

That's a point...

I listen about 2 to 3 hours of music a day. I get up too early and use to come to the computer. My gear is here, close to my comp.

And I like to use headphones because it is a way to listen music with hi quality audio for less money, comparing w/ a loud-speaker system.

Best

Ari

Jan 20, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #13 of 39
Being the hard working student that I am... *coughcough* ... I listen to my cans about about 8 hours a night... [Quite pathetic... seeing as how I work 6 hours a day, take 3 classes a day... and still listen to 8 hours of music...]

Anyhow.. I think I'm getting my money's worth of usage from my setup.

Jan 20, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 39
Always at work. How else can you groove while chained to the oars?

Jan 20, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 39
I asked myself the same question. I check Head-Fi daily, and still want a new source and another pair of headphones...but in the meantime, I hardly listen music at all these days. And I don't have a good reason, other than the dearth of new CDs to sample.

piece,
rp:AUM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back