Do you feel Christmas this year?
Dec 25, 2007 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Seaside

500+ Head-Fier
I mean, What is happening in these days?

I remember those Christmases few years ago are not like this. They were more cheerful and marrier with all those lights, trees, and ornaments. We could see them all over the place, we can hear all those Christmas carols whenever we turned on the radio and that made us feel Christmas.... back in few years ago.

But... what the hell is going on at this year?
I can only see a few lighted houses, no ornamental lights at shopping centers, no carols in radio. No Ho-Ho man in my local mall. I can not feel any sign of Christmas except the red marking in my calendar. It doesn't feel like a Christmas. In fact, it feels empty, almost ghostly empty.

I asked this to my wife, and she said she feel the same way too. She said people is not in mood for Christmas since they are not very happy. Why they are not happy? I dunno, but I somewhat can understand what she said.

Is it just my part of the country or all over the US?
Or something we don't know is going on in this country in these days?

Just a thought.

Dec 25, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 37
Not sure whats goin on in northern VA, Seaside, but over here on the west coast in Maple Ridge, BC, the spirit of the season is in full effect. You cant go anywhere without being bombarbed by Christmas. Mall Santas are everywhere, people jingling bells for charity are outside of every store, shoppers are going ballistic and you cant drive anywhere. Christmas specials are playing on TV and there is nothing but carols on the radio. I hope some of this cheer makes its way to virginia in time for the big day. Merry Christmas everyone - Jordan

Dec 25, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 37
I, for one, I am not feeling the jolly Christmas spirit tonight. I really don't even know why. I just feel lame, angry and depressed.

Dec 25, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 37
I too don't feel the Christmas mood this year... I attribute it to recently moving from West coast Canada to East coast USA. It will the be first year that I will away from all my family and friends... Its definitely a big change but hopefully going home later in the week will bring some Christmas feeling. Until then, nada!

Dec 25, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 37
Would sitting on Santas lap help?

LiveLeak-dot-com-119978-sexysanta.jpg

Mitch

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 37
I've been listening to the Christmas Jazz station on satellite radio to up the Christmas Cheer level a little bit
smily_headphones1.gif

It does seem like retailers have skimped this year on Christmas decorations, I haven't really seen any to speak of now that I think about it.

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #9 of 37
I don't see as many Christmas decorations as last year. I'm personally not fond of winter in general, there's just something bleak about it.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I, for one, I am not feeling the jolly Christmas spirit tonight. I really don't even know why. I just feel lame, angry and depressed.

I'll second that, but in my case I know why.
frown.gif

(Warning, major depressor coming)

This will be the first Christmas without my Mom, Cancer got her last March.

It was a tradition to gather at her house on Christmas day, all of my brothers and sister and our families (12 grandchildren).
This year my Dad does not feel like having any kind of gathering, guess I can't blame him.

She always had the house decorated up nice, usually with 2 big trees.
Mom was an awesome cook!
She baked all of her famous cookies & treats and prepared a big Christmas meal.
Big trays of the goodies where distributed to friends and other family members who couldn't make the trip.

It was always a great time. I spent Christmas there every year of my life except for the times I was in the service and couldn't get leave.

Maybe Dad will feel like having everyone over next year. It won't be the same, but at least it will be something.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This will be the first Christmas without my Mom, Cancer got her last March.

The first holiday without one of your parents is incredibly tough. I really feel for you Todd. I hope you have plenty of close friends and family to help you through it, and don't forget all your headfi buddies that can help lessen the load.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 37
There needs to be snow for it to be like Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back