Do you fall asleep to music?
Jun 29, 2003 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 32
I've got a CD alarm clock radio. I just put some Mozart piano sonatas on or my Sounds of Nature Mozart. Usually by track three "Eine Klein Nachtmusic" (sp), or more commonly, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I'm dead asleep. The sounds of nature help put some relaxing visualizations in my mind. But volume is very important too, I put it on just loud enough to hear it without having to strain to hear it.

If I'm too wired up for sleep, I start out listening to "Reflections of Passion" by Yanni, I put that on repeat and listen until I'm relaxed enough.

Jun 29, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 32
I fall asleep to the Gladiator soundtrack last night but was awaken by track #3.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #19 of 32
Yes, but don't since it disturbs the wife. I might have some music playing softly in the background to soothe my ears instead of listening to the airplanes taking off and landing. For those who don't know, Quito airport is right in the middle of town, so it is noisy almost everywhere in varying degrees. We lived on the hill before, and there was nothing to block the sound as it came up the hill and it was pretty loud. Here we are in the valley just outside the flight path and it is pretty quiet until they take-off to the south.

Jun 29, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #20 of 32
I have a really difficult time sleeping to music or other sound stimulation/visual stuff going on. I end up concentrating too much on the music or program/movie, which causes my mind to race (and not in that dreamy drifty way). The one exception is when I'm watching something like a Ken Burns history of the US Civil War documentay in a High School social studies class. That always used to give me droopy eyelid syndrome and completely knock me out. But it's only in class settings... I can't even sleep to things like televised golf when I'm in normal situations.

Jun 30, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #21 of 32
I'm a music lover,I find it very difficult to fall asleep while listening because I'm so much into the music.Sometimes I fall victim to fatigue and drift off if the music or gear is uninvolving or just plain bad.

Jun 30, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #22 of 32
Pretty much all the time. In fact, I often wake up with the cord to my etys wrapped around my head
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #23 of 32
It happens to me all the time. Whenever i truly get involved with the music, it's not uncommon for me to drift off.

Of course, this is assuming that it wasn't an eargasim type of night...

Jun 30, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #24 of 32
i can and do it all the time. all i do is close my eyes and drift off, and beforei know it. its morning the phones are next to me, and the amp is still on.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #25 of 32
If I ever try to listen to just the music without thinking about anything then I probably will fall asleep. I find it easier to sleep with some sort of background noise too, so if I have music playing over speakers I will fall asleep easier than without it. I haven't tried it with headphones since I'm afraid of accidently damaging them when I'm asleep.

Jul 1, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #27 of 32
I do it every night. When I was younger, I had a hard time sleeping sometimes, so I started leaving the radio on at night so I had something to do when I was awake.

I don't have those problems anymore, but I still leave the radio on.

Jul 1, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #28 of 32
I can't go to sleep without listening to music. If there is no CD in my CD player, then I just put on 105.7 which in NJ is The Hawk, which is classic rock. I can't sleep with headphones though.

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 32
Where's "it depends"?

For the most part, I am over-sensitive to external noises, too (my ex had an analog clock that ticked that used to drive me crazy). (I use the term "over-sensitive" because that's what she called it, not because I think you or anyone else who answered negatively in this thread is over-sensitive. It's a cultural thing.)

I sometimes do, but it has to be the right kind of music (ambient, newage, etc.). I can't fall asleep to pop, rock, jazz, or most classical that I listen to.

I've got one word of advice for you: separate bedrooms. (Alright, that's two words.)

Don't freak out, that doesn't mean your relationship is over. I know many a married couple who have separate bedrooms, and many of them have said that it makes the sex better. So there's that.

Personally, I prefer to sleep alone, because I know I snore and toss and turn and stuff, and I hate thinking that I'm bothering my mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back