Do used headphones have cooties?
May 7, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 31
Sometimes I think about it, but I have to put such thoughts out of my head and just trust in the cleanliness of Head-Fi members.

May 7, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 31
I once got a pair of used headphones that came from a smoker. The stench was near impossible to get rid of and the headphones were near impossible to wear because of it. That's far worse than any possible cooties.

I've bought new pads for used headphones, but of the many pairs I've tried, only the smoke-stench ones were a problem.

May 7, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I once got a pair of used headphones that came from a smoker. The stench was near impossible to get rid of and the headphones were near impossible to wear because of it. That's far worse than any possible cooties.

I've bought new pads for used headphones, but of the many pairs I've tried, only the smoke-stench ones were a problem.

My poor Sextetts also smell like smoke.. Wish he would have said that. Still would have bought them though.. The smell seems to be going away a bit..

May 7, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #7 of 31
I sold my V-Moda Vibes to a college buddy a couple months ago. He didn't have any problem with them being used, and he loved listening to them. The nicest set of 'phones he's ever had.

Come to think of it, I feel sorry for him. He needs to listen to something a bit nicer if the Vibes are the best he's heard.
tongue.gif

May 7, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #9 of 31
well for the IEMs one would use a fresh tip anyway so what diff it makes???
rolleyes.gif
it is not the plastic part/tube of the IEM which would be touching users' ear.. so again
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

when using regular headphones changing pad is a must...
so that's my food for thought..

May 7, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 31
I wouldn't bother changing the pads unless they smelled like literal poop.

May 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well for the IEMs one would use a fresh tip anyway so what diff it makes???
rolleyes.gif

x2. This is hilarious.

May 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #14 of 31
I've bought used IEMs before once, and even though they were clean, and I put on new tips, I wouldn't do it again.

Headphones are fine, but I would replace or clean the pads first.

But headphones at meets never bothered me- I guess it is just not knowing the actual person who owned them before- leaves a sort of mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back