Do they make Fakes of any of these Models:
Feb 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm sure there are IE6 fakes, anything Senn seems to have lots of fakes, so even if there aren't any known, be extra careful, and only buy from authorized dealers.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure there are IE6 fakes, anything Senn seems to have lots of fakes, so even if there aren't any known, be extra careful, and only buy from authorized dealers.

I am pretty sure there aren't any IE6 fakes. firstly, I googled. Secondly, the profit margin of imitating low end models is too low, especially in this price class. Thirdly the fakers would not put their factory at risk for low profit gains.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Sennheiser IE6 - Yes. I have seen fake of all the IE series on Chinese forum, especially IE8.

Etymotic Research ER-4 - No. Etymotic is too small a fish for fake.

Monster Dr. Dre Beats "Tour" - Yes. I have seen fakes of both Tour and Tour in-ear on Chinese forum.

Shure SE210/SE110/E2g - Yes. eBay is full of fakes and look-alike on both SE210 (E3c) and E2c/g. SE110 is less common.

Bose Quiet Comfort Series - No sure, probably no. Quiet Comfort series has ANC function, which probably isn't an easy target for fake. However, you can find fake Bose in-ear on eBay easily.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 9
I could have sworn I'd seen fake shures including some se and given that things like low end sony, cx300 etc, are faked I don't think the price of ie6 would put anyone off copying it.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ So you have specifically seen fakes of the IE6 or the SE210?
The 210 is merely a replacement for the E3c, but I have yet to se fakes.

If you spent enough time on erji.net (Chinese equivalent of Head-fi), you will find pictures of fake / clone / knock-off being posted there, especially on popular brand such as Sennheiser and Shure. Fake IEM are just as common as the real deal in China. Fake IE6, IE7, IE8 - I have seen pictures of them all.

See the warning sticky on the forum about Shure's IEM? That was posted there after Shure trying to warn people about all the fake Shure on eBay, which include most of the low end Shure models. In fact, I remember Shure has a topic in their FAQ section showing all types of fake Shure found online. Fake IEM doesn't have to look like the real thing, all it takes are a few plastic parts and some wording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back