Do The Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Or The Ultrasone HFI 580 and HFI 780 produce good bass
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PrODuCeRR

New Head-Fier
hey guys i am looking for my first pair of good phones, i have been suggested on getting a pair of Audio Technica M50`s because i am looking for a headphone with really good bass out of the box , but i will probably get a cheap usb amp for my computer in which these will be used for my price line is 250 and under and they will be mostly for inside but sometime outside when i walk somewhere so that`s why i was thinking the Ultrasone line cause they do not look overly big and they look nice , but i mostly caring about sound so what do you guys think Audio Technica M50 or the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Ultrasone HFI 580 Or the HFI 780`s which one do you guy`s think i should pick up , also i like to listen to rap and hip-hop and some rock . thanks

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Ok so should I get a pair of Beats By Dre Studios Or The Ultrasone HFI 580 Now Beats By Dre Studios Are 299 or 350 In Canada where I am now i can get a pair of beats by dre studios for about 200 dollars and i can get the Ultrasone HFI 580 For about 160 , or Denon AD-HP1000 For 140-150, so what do you guys think i should do since i am just looking for something that is mainly going to bounce of my head when listening to rap music .

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 5
I've had the DJ1Pro for a long time - one of my favourite metallic cylinders. It's closed and heavy and fits badly on small, narrow heads; but hell, who cares when it is such a sturdy, good-sounding headphone. I sold my DT770 Pro 80Ω because of it. It isn't as dark and has some treble sparkle. Typically Ultrasone, it ... well, it is fun. It has gobs of bass, but none of it is flabby. 

It is however a step or two down from my other favourite metal cylinders for overall sound. It isn't as wide, or controlled, but I don't care. I love this headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back