do the super.fi 5's create suction like ety's do?
Jul 11, 2007 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

basmatirice

100+ Head-Fier
i'm tired of the suction my ety's create and would like some more bass... the super.fi 5's it for this purpose?

and how deep are the beyer pads on the rp-21 phones?

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 8
I might not be talking about the same thing you are, but foam sleeves don't create the same suction rubber sleeves do.

The Super.fi 5s have more bass, although some ER4P enthusiasts will tell you that the Ety's have a "faster and better quality bass".

Either way, there's more bass reproduction with the SP5s.

Jul 11, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 8
I have both earphones and the UE's do have more bass than the Ety. However, I personally prefer the Ety to the Super.Fi's because the low-end is much tighter, and(in my opinion) a little deeper, But I still think the Super.fi is an awesome earphone and I probably use them more than my Ety's because Im out on the road alot.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Super fi's can fit loosely in your ear and still sound good.

However, the suction depends on what size eartip you use relative to the size of your ear canal.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 8
the super.fi 5 pros are great IEMs if bass is a priority to you. however, the fit is key to getting great bass with the UE 5 pros. if they fit "loosely", the bass tends to disappear, leaving you with only the mid and high range frequencies. from my experience with the 5 pros, the foam tips create the least suction of all the tips (if you use them the modified way), and result in excellent bass. if you want less of a hassle, use the single-flange tips they provide and just find out which one fits you best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back