Do the 888's sound thin?
Jul 11, 2003 at 5:38 PM Post #16 of 21
Not sure about Australia, but I ordered my gold E888 from bluetin.com. It's a very good price there and shipping was low for me too. Check out their site. I'm very impressed with the gold E888 that I got from them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Wortel
Im looking to get some new buds. These look like they'd be good.
Anybody know if I can get them in Australia?
Will I have to order them internationally?

Jul 11, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 21
here's the deal........... the e888's performance is VERY dependent on how well they seal in your ear. the better you can stuff them in, the more bass and sound you'll hear. i think that's what is causing you to call them "thin" sounding....

watch.... with the music playing, hold them in with your fingers, applying some pressure. see how the sound is so much fuller and bassier? it's all about the seal man.....

also, the e888's have a special shape, and are meant to be oriented in your ear only one way. so, look in the mirror while putting them in, and you can see how they are supposed to go in.

once you get them to fit well, they will sound very good.

try them with the foam pads and without.

Jul 26, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 21
Question - Do the "gold" e888's come in the SP as well, I'm looking for a pair for my MD player. If not, I'm sure the silver sounds pretty darn close, at least probably to my ears.

Jul 26, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 21
I must say, after listening to my gold 888's and just sending them off to their new owner, i am not sad to see them go. I thought these sounded like $5 earbuds--- terrible straight out of a pcdp. Nothing but boxy mids, no bass, and no treble--- just a mess. I burned them in for about 35 hours, and they sounded no different after than they did before.

They look great, packaging was great, but my MX400's sound 10 times better at about 1/3 the price.

IMHO, waaaaaaay overrated straight out of a portable. I have one of the newer sony's (D-EJ955) and I've heard that the EJ855/955/1000 don't pair well with 16 ohm earbuds. Maybe that's the reason.

Either way, I let the new buyer be aware of my opinion, and he still desperately wanted the gold 888's, so they were sent out the door today, happily..

Jul 26, 2003 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 21
Appar111,

E888 is very depentdent on source. I have one those PCDPs you have before and the result was unlistenable. However, on D-E900 or D-777....no problem there.

Jul 26, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 21
I never got used to my 888 and haven't learned to love them. At least not for the price, the MX500 give me almost as much satisfaction (or more).

The 888 are good, but I found that they are hard to adjust, if I push them in my ears the sound quality improves a lot.

Spoiled with the 3k..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back