Do ppl consider these before criticizing Beats???
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 72
Is he still getting money from them.  I thought i read somewhere that he wasnt happy with them and actually was trying to distance himself from them and Monster bought out his contract or something.  Dont quote me, it maybe just something i overheard in the gym or something, dont really care enought to look it up.

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 72
You put "look cool" and Ultrasone in the same sentence... and you weren't talking about the Ultrasones!? I don't get it.

And Beats aren't made for music, I'll leave it at that, they're a fashion statement, and an incredibly mainstream and tacky one. If you want to listen to music, you put in your apple earbuds before your Beats, they're more accurate after all. If on the other hand you want to combine fashion, performance, and maintain a unique look over the mass produced trend of Beats, there's plenty of other stuff out there that gets mentioned here constantly.

I've heard the Tour, Solo, and Studio. None compared to my $20 Marshmallows, my $100 V6, or my $150 SR125i. If you can't beat $20 in ears with $300+ headphones, then you're doing something wrong.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #18 of 72
Look good?  Maybe, if you're into that "piano" gloss finish plastic (spoiler: Pianos are actually much more matte than the plastic), but that arm-over-cup design just looks cludgy, makes them so wide.

They're also active noise canceling headphones that don't cancel much noise at all...  So they're basically just where batteries go to die.  

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 72

Quote:

I agree on the design front. Most manufactures make some ugly/boring looking headphones in the same price range. Beats are probably the best looking headphones out there if that is your taste. I know other people would prefer the more refined look of the Woodied denons and AT's. If Audio technica or another big sound company merged their sound qualities with the Monsters housing then I wouldn't think twice about the price. 

I don't agree with the bold part though. 
tongue.gif

Beats are the best looking ? cough cough, they look like toys, to me good looking headphones would be somewhat like the Denon Woodies, They have class. Real men take class over swag.

No offence people have personal tastes they can like the look of beats.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #22 of 72
Uh, on the aesthetic front, it's really up to the individual guys. Grown ups can prefer more colourful, "louder" styles (like Beats), just as younger people can prefer subtler, more minimalist styles (like B&W). It's very disingenuous to say Beats are or aren't acceptable among "real men".

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 72

Quote:
Uh, on the aesthetic front, it's really up to the individual guys. Grown ups can prefer more colourful, "louder" styles (like Beats), just as younger people can prefer subtler, more minimalist styles (like B&W). It's very disingenuous to say Beats are or aren't acceptable among "real men".

Very true. Age is irrelevant here, it's all about social norms and how well one is informed.

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #24 of 72
This is a ridiculous statement. 

Quote:
Beats are the best looking ? cough cough, they look like toys, to me good looking headphones would be somewhat like the Denon Woodies, They have class. Real men take class over swag.

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #26 of 72
I personally think the beats are tacky but can understand why some people like them. I think the HD800 and HD700 are hideous. I also really don't care what headphones look like. The only headphones I wear outside are my HD25-1 II (adidas because they were on sale) for portable use but that is due to weight, durability, and isolation. I also think they are ugly.

Quote:
talking about looks, i think beats look pretty fancy but high end sennheisers look really high tech (hd700 and 800 especially). wood headphones look classic...

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #27 of 72
Even though beats may look cool and would have extra bass, that doesnt justify the price!! its like people think that bose is the best when comes to home stereo, because they have a great marketing team, there are far more supereor sound systems like B&W, Paradigm, salk, and Klipsch on the lower end, i dont think people are stupid, just not educated!! btw people can listen and buy whatever they want to!! live and let live but i love my Denon D2000!!!

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #28 of 72
I consider them crap compaired to $50 headphones that are marked at Bass headphones.

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #29 of 72
I don't think Beats look cool at all. I think designs based around logos look stupid. And the reason people buy them is because they know that these are the headphones other people are buying. It's the herd instinct. I have a 15-year-old nephew, he's a nice kid, but he just wants what other consumers want, what he's been told he should want, and he just got a pair of Beats. I tried them and I thought they sounded terrible ... and I'm a basshead.

Beats are all about marketing and image and conformity. No different than Skullcandy, no different than Bose, etc.

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 72

Quote:

I like anything that looks good, be it classy (AT woodies) or sporty? (beats). Dont get me wrong here, I would never wear one. All the shameless platering of "b" on the headphone and the Yobbo influenced colour scheme isnt my taste, but the actual design of headphone is very nice. So is the comfort. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back