Do ppl consider these before criticizing Beats???
Apr 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

NewbNewb

New Head-Fier

Although I am not a fan of beats, I wonder if people consider these two factors before they judge these headphones.

First of all, beats are made for base-focused songs. Judging the sound quality of Beats after listening to Titanic Ost is like driving a dumptruck in a car race. Most headphones aren't all-around headphones, and one has to listen to the right songs before telling its quality. I personally think that hard-core hip hop listeners will actually like (at least not hate) beat's style of sound.

Next, I think Beats succeeded not becuz ppl are stupid but because they answered people's desire for "Design". Unlike audio-holics, most listeners prefer 'look-cool' over Sennheiser and Ultrasone's amazing sound quality, and Beats knew this fact and put a lot of effort on making their stuff look sexy. Honestly, the only brand that makes sexy-as-beats Headphone is  V-Moda and a few of AKGs...in my opinion of course. Also, after the dramatic success of Beats I think a lot of new headphone brand started to put some effort in design. 

This was just my opinion of course. I just wanted the people to acknowledge these two things before writing a review with a 1 out of 5.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 72

Quote:

Next, I think Beats succeeded not becuz ppl are stupid but because they answered people's desire for "Design". Unlike audio-holics, most listeners prefer 'look-cool' over Sennheiser and Ultrasone's amazing sound quality, and Beats knew this fact and put a lot of effort on making their stuff look sexy. Honestly, the only brand that makes sexy-as-beats Headphone is  V-Moda and a few of AKGs...in my opinion of course. Also, after the dramatic success of Beats I think a lot of new headphone brand started to put some effort in design. 

This was just my opinion of course. I just wanted the people to acknowledge these two things before writing a review with a 1 out of 5.

I agree on the design front. Most manufactures make some ugly/boring looking headphones in the same price range. Beats are probably the best looking headphones out there if that is your taste. I know other people would prefer the more refined look of the Woodied denons and AT's. If Audio technica or another big sound company merged their sound qualities with the Monsters housing then I wouldn't think twice about the price. 

I don't agree with the bold part though. 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 72
People on this site are looking and talking about good quality headphones. When it comes to the sound of beats. It falls short. Not just in all over quality but is easily trumped in terms of bass by the Ultrasone PRO900. As far as style goes, beats can have an edge but I love the silver cups on my Ultrasones
cool.gif

If someone likes the sound of beats over some other headphone, that's their choice but a large percentage of those who come here and ask advice are looking for the best value for their money, what ever their budget may be. Beats will never provide that.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 72
Nope, we never considered any of those things. We're just haters who're gonna hate.

Seriously though, have you considered there are cheaper headphones that can do bassy songs AND other songs better than Beats?

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 72
The thing you're forgetting is.. they're made of glossy plastic / insanely heavy metal.

That and they sound horrid for hip-hop / rap, still. Not factoring in every other genre.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 72
Honestly, living on a college campus and seeing the 50 or so beats around kinda kills the cool look. They've become the "generic" looking headphone.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 72
I don't find they look great... It's just shiny plastic that people wear around their neck. I find the classier HPs like the Bowers and Wilkins P5 look MUCH better and show luxury over stupidity.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 72
Also, include the fact that XB500s sound better. And they're what, $40? And they feel like freaking pillows. Not even getting onto the XB700s or XB1000s.

AND, include that I can just amp up my bass via Voodoo Sound (on Samsung Phones mainly) by ~+9 dB (it can go up to 12 or 15, forgot which. 9 is my normal level for my $8 monoprice headphones and my HD25s) for my HD25s and they'd be rumbling far more than the beats and they'd be accurate, and the mids and highs just sound oh so much better. And if you're against amping/eqing, then you're missing a lot, in my opinion.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #11 of 72
i think their overall shape is kinda nice, but I kinda have this thing against having big logos of the company on the product...ie that big b on the side....along with celebrity branding..not really my thing
if u talk about aesthetics i prefer my HD25 

i did try them before saying them were crap...all i remember from the auditioning for them was thump thump thump...and they were quite expensive for w.e they are meant to be

i do like how they come with all those accessories tho...random plugs and cables which u may never use

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #12 of 72

Although I am not a fan of beats, I wonder if people consider these two factors before they judge these headphones.

First of all, beats are made for base-focused songs. Judging the sound quality of Beats after listening to Titanic Ost is like driving a dumptruck in a car race. Most headphones aren't all-around headphones, and one has to listen to the right songs before telling its quality. I personally think that hard-core hip hop listeners will actually like (at least not hate) beat's style of sound.

I hate beats coz their music seperation is lousy. All i can hear is bass, bas, and more bass.lol.

Their style and build quality are not even on par with denon d5k or even denon d2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back