do power cables effect the sound of amps at all?
Apr 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

B-Dawk20

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I left one of my power cable at a frienda hiuse who lives far away, I was about to pick up an extra I had tomorrow but I am curious as to if it matters what cord you use and if it can be detrimental to sound or the amp in general?

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm guessing that the answer will depend on who you ask. I have never personally been able to hear any audible difference with power cords. YMMV of course.
smile.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 11
Yeah, I was figuring just like headphone cables, it may be a bit subjective

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Hey guys, I left one of my power cable at a frienda hiuse who lives far away, I was about to pick up an extra I had tomorrow but I am curious as to if it matters what cord you use and if it can be detrimental to sound or the amp in general?

Is this the regular PC power supply cable?

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 11
all headfones are the same....
popcorn.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 11
I once heard that a Bose iPod dock is all the sound equipment you will ever need.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I once heard that a Bose iPod dock is all the sound equipment you will ever need.

darthsmile.gif

Not gonna lie though, things do sound a bit...different. I also have a new USB cable as well. It's like things are a bit harsher but the separation and staging is better. I think it's all placebo though.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Apr 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:

So it the same standard computer power cable everyone have been using for the past 20 years

Well, some of them look different from each other(have a shorter female end or fit differently) but yep, pretty much the same cable, fits and powered it up. At this point, don't really care too much, I am just glad to have my music
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back