Do OS equalizers exist?
Feb 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

killertofu

New Head-Fier
I recently bought some Audioengine A2's and have them equalized in iTunes. They're connected via uDac on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

They sound good, but only in iTunes due to its EQ. I dug into my uDac's settings and found an EQ that was only capable of changing frequencies between 25hz and 600hz; not nearly the same range that's ajustable in iTunes.

So I'm wondering, is there such thing as a free, 10-band system EQ, that will make all applications sound ideal?

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 3
W7 allows system wide DSP's I think? but I'm not sure whether there's any EQ available...otherwise you can use VirtualCable as your windows soundcard, and then route it to some VST host in bit-perfect KS...use some proper EQ, and then send it back to your ASIO drivers...it'll be a headache, though.

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W7 allows system wide DSP's I think? but I'm not whether there's any EQ available...otherwise you can se VirtualCable as your windows soundcard, and then route it to some VST host in bit-perfect KS...use some proper EQ, and then send it back to your ASIO drivers...it'll be a headache, though.

This sounds complex, especially considering the fact that I'm unsure of what some of those are.
confused_face.gif

But thanks! I'm still looking into this and alternatives. I'm actually surprised a system EQ hasn't been made before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back