Do not do what I did.
Nov 17, 2002 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I had the idea of pushing my ears against the driver of my 770 pro and now the pads are too lose. Just thought I would give the thumbs down for this.
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 17
Wait... huh?

You squeezed the cans on your head so the pads compressed and the driver touched your ear, and then now the pads are loose? Or did you actually remove the pads altogether likea DIY mod, and then now they don't fit so well?

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Wait... huh?

You squeezed the cans on your head so the pads compressed and the driver touched your ear, and then now the pads are loose? Or did you actually remove the pads altogether likea DIY mod, and then now they don't fit so well?

The former
redface.gif
I should have said the pads have protruded out. I guess
rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 17
Hm... that sucks.

Are you sure they are in all the way (are the DT770 pads made to be replaceable?) I know my Senn HD600 pads needed a pretty good pushing in to get them to snap back into place.

Barring that... maybe super glue? Just don't wear them while they're drying or you'll have DT770's on your head for the rest of your life (which might not be that bad of a thing!
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Hm... that sucks.

Are you sure they are in all the way (are the DT770 pads made to be replaceable?) I know my Senn HD600 pads needed a pretty good pushing in to get them to snap back into place.

Barring that... maybe super glue? Just don't wear them while they're drying or you'll have DT770's on your head for the rest of your life (which might not be that bad of a thing!
biggrin.gif
)

No there ok. It can just get annoying when your ears are touching the drivers.

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 17
Are you talking about the gray pads that go around your ears, or the foam pad that covers the driver? I've taken my DT770s apart several times, it's pretty easy to remove/replace both of them.

Nov 18, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 17
hmmm i hope this isn't a common thing i just ordered a pair of these an hour ago from B&H. Supposed to be impressive bass & all around decent sound.

Nov 18, 2002 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 17
lmao...

Superglue and headphones is a combination that makes me laugh just to think about it. I would guarantee that you will earn a custom title if you mix these 2 item without all due caution.

Cant you just see some poor guy with a set of HD280s permanently attached to his head?

gerG

Nov 18, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Greg Freeman
Cant you just see some poor guy with a set of HD280s permanently attached to his head?

yeah, sure. just check out lobstersan's "king of dorks" thread.
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 10:21 AM Post #14 of 17
I bet his post was already inspired by that thread.
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back