DO NOT BUY FROM AudiophileChina.com!!!! HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE EMAIL BACK FROM 25 SENT ABOUT MY RETURN!!!
Nov 16, 2010 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

emin007

New Head-Fier
Nov 16, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 32
Dang.
I was originally planning to buy a Tianyun Zero DAC/amp from that place.  I guess i'll have to look elsewhere.  Thanks for the heads up! =) +1

Would you happen to know where else to get a Tianyun Zero DAC/amp - that is trustworthy?

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 32
Yes, why don't you explain what is going on? I don't want to see another witch hunt break out before we know what happened.

Did PayPal respond to you yet?

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 32
I've already had to clean up this thread.

This thread is to discuss the OP's transaction. It is NOT an opportunity to make xenophobic or racist comments. Consider this a warning. If I find another xenophobic or racist comment here, I'll send the poster on vacation for a few days to think about it.

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 32
Well to start the seller was absolutely punctual about returning "pre-sale" questions, but that's were it started and ended!  Once he shipped the item that was where it seemed he lost all interest to answer any questions.  If using the wham-bam-thank you maam!  analogy would be appropriate.  After a few emails he finally gave me tracking.  The unit had off and on thump and loud clicking sounds when switching between tracks on clean recordings.  I have other dacs and they don't exhibit this behavior.  I emailed him and after a few emails he said he would return the item.  I sent the item and that where ALL communications stoped. A FEW DAYS LATER I emailed that I sent the item back and asked if he could refund the whole monies to me since I felt the unit had a defect (NO RESPONSE). A FEW DAYS LATER   I emailed him that the unit was received by them (NO RESPONSE). A FEW DAYS LATER   I emailed if he refunded the money (NO RESPONSE) A FEW DAYS LATER I asked him to respond or I would escalate the matter with paypal and file a claim (NO RESPONSE). A FEW DAYS LATER I file a claim with pay pal and wait (NO RESPONSE).  ALL IN all I emailed him about 20 + times with no response. 

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 32
UPDATE!!!! STILL NO RESPONSE NOR REFUND NOR 1 EMAIL BACK TO CONFIRM RETURN OF ITEM!!!! STAY AWAY CROOK DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!! HE IS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MANY BUYERS THAT ARE DEALING WITH RETURNS!!!!!! P

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 32
As someone who has more than a fair share of China experience, I would imagine that such situation is more common than you anticipated. It is not only Audiophile China.

The employee assigned the task of handling refund, if any, very likely is not the same person making the sale, and if you try to request a refund from the latter, what happen is the message gets transferred to another employee *supposedly* responsible for doing it. In the worst case, for small business you are likely to have the situation that there is no hard and fast designation of the responsible personnel, or the refund policy is there but the boss is not really keen on enforcing.

As English language is pretty much not well understood in most regions of the country, and the common low wages doesn't really motivate someone to handle the crass, what could then happen is your message being circulated around in the company, supposedly will land upon someone who can understand the message and willing to take some action, and end up nowhere.

I hope that my explanation do not appear as xenophobic or racist comments.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 32

The employee assigned the task of handling refund, if any, very likely is not the same person making the sale, and if you try to request a refund from the latter, what happen is the message gets transferred to another employee *supposedly* responsible for doing it. In the worst case, for small business you are likely to have the situation that there is no hard and fast designation of the responsible personnel, or the refund policy is there but the boss is not really keen on enforcing.

Regardless of geographical area or language proficiency (yes, even US companies), lousy customer service happens all the time.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #10 of 32
What you need to do is to set out some consequences. Unfortunately, there are little consequences for a cross-border company, and your only resort may be a warning that this incidence has been reported to Paypal and made public in these forum, and you will only confirm the matter has been resolved satisfactorily upon refund.

To be effective, you need to address the person having direct interest such as the boss / director but not someone on a payroll. You also need to write in Mandarin to be understood and taken seriously. PM me if you need help, l could find someone to handle the translation for you.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #11 of 32

Quote:
The unit had off and on thump and loud clicking sounds when switching between tracks on clean recordings.  I have other dacs and they don't exhibit this behavior.

Always ask if you can source similar items within the US, because if they turn out to be defective it may not to easy to resolve with language differences, international shipping cost, etc...and the defective rate could be quite high for some brands.

Here from another audio forum is the confession by a US importer of Chinese audio gear, who alleged that his particular represented line of products has a failure rate of 75%:

"As the importer of a line of Chinese gear, I can speak with authority in saying the failure rate of their CD players and solid state/hybrid components is so incredibly high as to be difficult to believe.

In the industries I come from, a 1% failure rate is utterly unacceptable; enough to launch us into a frenzy to determine the problem, then rectify it immediately. However, in seeing 75% failure rates in the aforementioned categories, one is lead to the conclusion that something is clearly amiss in terms of the design of the components, and not only their execution and assembly.

The sad reality is that we have entered the age of the CNC, where a beautiful chassis can be rendered by a third party, providing the illusion of build quality, when in fact, the business end of things - what is actually inside of that nice box, is pitiful.

I see it in the line that I represent, which is one of the foremost and well respected of Chinese audio producers...." 

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 32
Anyway you cut it or look at it he was very fluent in returning "pre-sale" questions with no problem what so ever!  And after the sale he seems to have a language barier????  I don't think so!!!  This is classic example of wham bam thank you maam!!!   There is no excuse for holding on to my Money and My equipment!!! If its not my money return the equipment!  If its not my equipment then return my money!!! VERY F@#$ SIMPLE NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 32
Take it easy bro~~just file a dispute with paypal and you will get the refund~~
BTW, don't buy headphones from CHINA on eaby~~~they are always FAKE~no exceptions~ I just shipped a pair of SONY counterfeit back(30bux postage, get nothing at last).

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 32
My experience is to  never ever by from chinese/asian places, even in the US. 

Now before people start talking about racism and what not. Most people don't understand busincess practices done by Chinese (I am Chinese so I have a right to say this). Generally speaking, sales from these places do not give a crap about business practices. If something is cheap, it probably means someone got screwed in the life of the product. If you're lucky its not the consumer but either way someone get screwed. 

Some do insurances scams. For example if you buy a phone from an asian store, they allow you to have somehting like an iphone for free. You'd think thats amazing right? Why cant american compaies do that. Its because they file insurance for your phone, but they dont tell you. Then they report it as missing and take the insurance claim (reimbursed phone or money). 

Other times its crappy service to the extent of no returns or money back (what the OP is experiencing). They lag and take forever and pretend they don't understand things. You'll never get your money back after you pay them. Its just how it is. They don't care about reputation or service, only about that one transaction. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #15 of 32

Quote:
My experience is to  never ever by from chinese/asian places, even in the US. 

Now before people start talking about racism and what not. Most people don't understand busincess practices done by Chinese (I am Chinese so I have a right to say this). Generally speaking, sales from these places do not give a crap about business practices. If something is cheap, it probably means someone got screwed in the life of the product. If you're lucky its not the consumer but either way someone get screwed. 

Some do insurances scams. For example if you buy a phone from an asian store, they allow you to have somehting like an iphone for free. You'd think thats amazing right? Why cant american compaies do that. Its because they file insurance for your phone, but they dont tell you. Then they report it as missing and take the insurance claim (reimbursed phone or money). 

Other times its crappy service to the extent of no returns or money back (what the OP is experiencing). They lag and take forever and pretend they don't understand things. You'll never get your money back after you pay them. Its just how it is. They don't care about reputation or service, only about that one transaction. 

now that is crafty...giving you a free phone, and cashing in on the insurance they payed for...i should write this down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back