Do my Shure E4C look normal?
Oct 21, 2007 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Jooseppi

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Newbie reporting!

I find the nozzle in my E4C to look a bit different from the pictures I've seen in Internet.

This is my Shure:

22102007219.jpg

The ones seen in Internet are like this: http://www.kopfhoererverstaerker.de/...ure_E4_600.jpg

The fat part of the nozzle puzzles meezz. It doesnt come off terribly easily, I havent tried terribly violently...yet.

What's the case?

Thank you

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 35
Well, are both the left and the right monitors like this, or only that one? I'm Shure (har.) that if both monitors are the same, they were made that way. Otherwise, I'm not so Shure.

Edit: Disregard. I didn't read the post properly. I stand by my puns, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 35
Got these from eBay. They sound great, I believe they are genuine Shure headphones, E4... E4-something. The cord, everything is of high quality. I dont have a legit pair to compare to, but I believe I can spot a fake. These dont seem fake.

I read that you can change the nozzle, so this shouldnt be too much of a problem. How easily is the retainer suppose to unscrew? It all seems so tight..

If someone knows what the hell the fat part is, please let me know.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 35
Yea...mine dont look ANYTHING like that..i dont even see the hollow tube for the sound to go thru.. plus my metal casing looks nothing like that. be aware tho that i bought the e4's, the professional monitor ones instead of the consumer ones...but I dont think they are supposed to be any different at all, except the colour.

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 35
LMAO, it's fake. The Shure logo is a sticker.....

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #12 of 35
Thanks for the sympathy Audio-Fi. Real nice to be welcomed to a new forum like that. Well, at least I know the attitude to adopt.

The logo is not a sticker.

But it seems now that they are fake.

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #13 of 35
Yep that's a fake.

Sorry
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 35
It's really annoying to see all these fakes.

People come in here, are 100% sure their eBay phones are real, and the trash how they sound or whatever.

There are tons of fakes out there. These days, it seems like the only way you can be certain any given phones are authentic is to watch them being assembled and take them from the end production line.

You didn't bag on the SQ of these phones Jooseppi, but many do.

From what I can tell, there are probably more fake Sennheiser cx-300 than real.

The black marketers are seriously damaging this market and swindling people out of a lot of money.

These days I'm extremely cautious on where I buy things. This story and others reinforce the value in that policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back