Do I win a prize?
Jan 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #16 of 24
gold%20star.jpg

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #18 of 24
Your prize is proceeding to square one and having to answer all questions concerning the audibility of 128kbs Vs. 320kbs MP3s.

Hey, are you the first to hit 10,000?

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #21 of 24
What's the best High-End headphone for under $3.00?

10,000??? Hmmmphh!! Jahn made that in only 2 months
tongue.gif

Congrats, and thanks for being a good friend that I met on Head-Fi!
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, there better be a prize for making 10,000 posts. Otherwise, I've got to knock this off.

And congrats, Wayne!

Ya, no kidding, man! You'll be catching me and zipping right on the top of the list in no time! You just joined Head-Fi about what? A month ago?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats man!

well..
i was little touched by reading your first post...it reminded me of my grandfather....he passed away few months ago ...it was very saddening because i grew up around my grandparents...so i understand such moments in the family.

he was also like that in many ways.

anyway.

10k is something special...hope u reach 20k sooner. Best of luck
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sorry to learn of the passing of your grandfather. If you've been close with him, I'm sure you'll carry a part of him in your memories for a long, long time. The toothpick event that I relayed happened in or around 1975, and I remember it like it was... well, not exactly yesterday... but I do still remember it.

In fact, 3 of my 4 grandparents died in the 70s. My maternal grandmother, however, lived until nearly 95 and just passed away 4 years ago. You don't even want to get me going with stories about her! I'd say, "Hey, grandma, do you want to go to the mall?" She would then ask, "Whatever for?" Then I'd say, "You know... to scout things out." She would then start laughing out of control, and then tell me, "Wayne, for the last time, I don't sell drugs to kids! Not at the mall. Not anywhere. It's not funny!" But by then she would be laughing so hard that tears would come to her eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aww that is cute.

Well, at least you mom didn't pull this as the prize:
1437862770_8620d3c13d.jpg

That's too funny! Where do you come up with all of these pics? I've noticed that you have a knack for finding the right ones. "I've got a great marketing idea." "Oh ya, what is it this time, Johnson?" "It's called the Gingerbread Man voodoo doll toothpick holder. It will sell millions and we'll all be rich!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne just 10,000! I sure look forward to your 20,000 post, if it is half as good as your 10,000 it will be a doozy!

Hopefully, I'll still be around! I don't mean around Head-Fi, you know. I mean, just around! It took over 6 years to get this far, and I don't think my posting rate has ever changed significantly. About 4 to 5 per day according to the stats. So you'll just have to wait until 2015 to see what I come up with next.

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Atta boy Wayne.

Congratulations! This place wouldn't be near as much fun if you weren't here.

Awww... if only you were a chick! Or are you? If so, I'm available on Wednesdays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your prize is proceeding to square one and having to answer all questions concerning the audibility of 128kbs Vs. 320kbs MP3s.

Hey, are you the first to hit 10,000?

Oddly enough, I couldn't answer those kinds of questions to save my life! Ask tyrion and NightWoundsTime. I had my first iPod for 8 months before I talked Mike into loading it up for me. To this day, I don't know how to do it myself. That one got stolen, then immediately replaced, and then it sat around for several months before Matt loaded it up with some of his music.

As for the 10,000 question, nope, I'm not first. Not by a long shot! See here: Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Members List It's kind of amusing/refreshing that you've been around for so long and hadn't noticed anyone else with a higher post count than me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Killer story!
mbriant beat me to it, I had the same thing in mind...
unbranded-gold-star-confetti.jpg

I seldom got gold stars LOL.
Thanks.

Neither did I, come to think of it. Maybe some blue, or red or green, but that was kind of like getting a 3rd place (yellow) ribbon at the Pinewood Derby (a Cub Scouts thing) which didn't mean a whole lot given that the races were run in groups of three!

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the best High-End headphone for under $3.00?

One of those tight wad airlines that I fly is always trying to sell me some earbuds for $2. I'll have to try them next time and report back. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with headphones costing less than $1k. You'll have to ask one of our junior (4 digit post count) members that kind of question! He he...

Quote:

Congrats, and thanks for being a good friend that I met on Head-Fi!
smile.gif

You're the goodest of them all, except for the next person who says something nice about me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back