Do I really need an amp with D2000
Oct 9, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

runrunrun

New Head-Fier
Hey,

So I am considering getting a new set of phones and have been leaning toward the D2000. I like them because they have gotten good feedback on the forums and they are closed and circumaural (both requirements). My only concern is with the need for an amp.

I'm hesitant on needing an amp because of the need to carry it around. Do people use a case to carry all that, or is it really intedned to be used at home or at work without much transporting.

Is there an alternative to the D2000 that I should consider. I'm mostly into rock (ranging from U2 to the Decemberists). I can spend up to around 300.

thanks

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 7
If you're worried about carrying an amp then the D2000 will be too bulky for you...

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 7
I've had mine for about 8 months. They do not need an amp, but they will benefit from one. You can listen to them straight from your sound card. You can buy a nice amp/mod them down the road. Make sure you like bass because these have plenty. Not good for portable use. They are comfortable and do not clamp your head too. They are way too nice for commuting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back