Do I really need a better soundcard for my HD-595?
Dec 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by andre.beat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to "hijack" but what amp would you suggest for the HD595?

From my experience and many others, the HD595 and Little Dot 2++ go together like milk and cookies. If you can afford it, a Darkvoice 336i would also be a good investment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ADI AD1988B follows the Intel HD Audio spec, not AC'97, so it's a much better solution than typical onboard sound.

My bad. It's been a while since I've done research on onboard solutions (a couple of years). I was going off my personal experience of onboard audio, which was crap. The Audigy was better, and the AV-710 was another noticeable improvement.

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience and many others, the HD595 and Little Dot 2++ go together like milk and cookies. If you can afford it, a Darkvoice 336i would also be a good investment.

And where are those sold? (shipping to portugal)

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

YGPM, and no I'm not selling mine.
cool.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

I think:

Little-Tube

Dec 8, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #21 of 21
I'd go for an AV-710 now and save up for a decent DAC down the road. It should be a significant improvement over your onboard sound. And when modded with two black gate capacitors, it nearly equals the SQ of our Pioneer Elite CD changer.

Doubters who think the AV-710 is only as good as integrated HD audio have obviously never heard this card. You simply can't get any better without spending over $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back