Do I need to use earplugs when I get a haircut?
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
Seriously, I am gonna turn deaf with their infamous buzzing machines near my ears!

Any advice for me apart letting my hair grow like a 70s rocker?
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 18
Cutting hair is annoying, i've stopped almost a couple of years ago...

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think hair clippers are loud enough to damage your hearing. :p

But I really wonder, honestly. They go so close to my eardrums at full volume, etc. I would not be so sure about that!
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cutting hair is annoying, i've stopped almost a couple of years ago...

Absolutely, it is one of the most irritating social obligations ever. Too bad I am fond of the Obama cut I guess...

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 18
It's a low level of exposure for a few minutes. I don't worry about it. Besides, the rapidly encroaching gray hair needs to be kept short.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 18
No need to worry.
You are only exposed to the noise for a matter of few minutes, so unless the machine is VERY noisy your ears should take no damage.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a serious question?

probably..
this is the day of safety, look at these cars with 50 airbags for each passanger..hell when i was a kid all we had was mothers arm to save us. that arm flew out faster then any air bag or seat belt and instead of using computers and sensors to know when, we had our Mothers hard and fast loving arm...and we lived..

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 18
I'd be more worried about all those tiny razor sharp hair fragments..

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #12 of 18
Thanks guys - it was not meant to be too serious, really!
biggrin.gif

I guess I was just totally angry after getting my haircut done and just felt compelled to let the world know that I *hate, oh yes I so hate* buzzing noises right near my eardrums, especially when someone is touching my head at the same time. Makes me feel agitated. Argh. What about renaming the topic "who else hates hairdressers"?

(NB: I promise, this is my first and last stupid topic)

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably..
this is the day of safety, look at these cars with 50 airbags for each passanger..hell when i was a kid all we had was mothers arm to save us. that arm flew out faster then any air bag or seat belt and instead of using computers and sensors to know when, we had our Mothers hard and fast loving arm...and we lived..

Mmmmh, this is the same argument as smokers. Because you survived does not mean that the kids' death rate wasn't far superior at the time. Anyway, it was not a serious topic!

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say, take no chances.

Where full ear protection like these, just in case.

Ear%20Protection.jpg

Heh, I can almost imagine the band of hair that'll still be left on the head.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back