Do i need to buy Fiio E7 For my Current Audio Rig ??? Help :D
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AlternateYoung

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys ! 

So i just had my M50s alongside with my Sansa Clip + and i have been playing FLAC audio files for almost 5 days already . Sound quality is great ! But i have 1 quest . I think the M50s Bass , is not that "bassy" enough for me . Im looking for a Deeper and more richer in bass for the sound quality . Im listen to AX7 , System of A Down , Radiohead , Coldplay .

After doing some surfing and comparison , i find the Fiio E7 a must have , but im still not sure to spend EXtra $140 for an Portable Amp . 

So the quest is , " Does the Fiio E7 Will Have A Major Impact For My Audio Rig , Or I Should Just Save That $140 to Buy A Better Quality Mp3 Player ( Hisound - Rocoo P , Cowon ) in Future? ?

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Will this amp only be for use with your Clip+ or will you be using it for your laptop as well?

Because E7 is a dac/amp, it has two purposes. One, you hook it up to your laptop and use both the dac and amp sections. Or two...you use the amp section 'only' on your MP3 player (you would not use the DAC section with your MP3 player)

If you want an amp only look at FiiO E11. if you want the DAC too then E7 or E17.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Its For my Clip + and also my laptop . Both devices ill be using heavily for music  .  But do ATH M50 really need a amp ?? 
[size=10pt]My Laptop Audio Jack Sucks Balls too . So mostly ill be looking at the E7. I heard the E11 sound will get even muddy after several month or weeks of usage ??[/size]

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Its For my Clip + and also my laptop . Both devices ill be using heavily for music  .  But do ATH M50 really need a amp ?? 

[size=10pt]My Laptop Audio Jack Sucks Balls too . So mostly ill be looking at the E7. I heard the E11 sound will get even muddy after several month or weeks of usage ??[/size]

I'm not sure where you heard E11 will make the sound muddy overtime. I have not heard of this and I do not think so. My E11 sounded the same forever ever and forever. But for your use you want E7 or E17, because as I said E11 is just an amp you want a dac/amp for you laptop too.

Your best options are E7 and E17. If you're using just your Clip+ to drive the ATH-M50 I believe yes the benefit is worth the upgrade. Or...look at Cowon C2 on ebay for $109 US, has more power than your Clip+. Take advantage of it's Mach3bass and BBE+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back