Do i need an amp? (Superlux HD 681 EVO)
Apr 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

filipenit

New Head-Fier
I just bought the Superlux HD 681 EVO and they have a low volume and ****ty bass on my laptop. The other headphones that I had (Cheaper ones) they had high volume. Do I need an amp? When I plug my headphones into my TV they lose all the few bass and at high volumes they make a bit of noise.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you by chance have access to a decent quality mp3 player or even a smartphone or iPod?
Try plugging the HD681 EVOs into one of these, see if audio quality improves.

You might try leaving the HD681 EVO plugged into something over night, with decently loud music, see if they improve.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the help. I heard somewhere that the Evo's volume output is the main problem of the headphones (they even recommend an amplifier in the box). I am playing at max volume now, and I'm gonna play it for a few hours, but I don't know if it is gonna make any difference : ) . I was thinking in buying an Behringer HA400 headphone amplifier. What do you think?

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thanks for the help. I heard somewhere that the Evo's volume output is the main problem of the headphones (they even recommend an amplifier in the box). I am playing at max volume now, and I'm gonna play it for a few hours, but I don't know if it is gonna make any difference : ) . I was thinking in buying an Behringer HA400 headphone amplifier. What do you think?

For a laptop, I would use the ELE EL-D02 DAC/Amp, $18.90.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELE-EL-D02-PCM2704-USB-DAC-TDA1308-Headphone-amplifier-Volume-Control-black-/190898613272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back