Do I need a sound card?
Aug 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
Considering one of this for my room: TEAC DR-H300 | Consumer Electronics | Reference Series which is going to be powering a set of speakers. Dilemma is this: Since the actual amplifier part is going to be done by the receiver, would I see the benefit of a sound card, such as the Juliet? I will use the aux. input in order to play music/games/stuff through the speakers from my computer.

Brendan

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, the source is very important.

Bummer...any other candidates than an HT Omega Claro +? Want something that's much cheaper, yet still audiophile quality (or as close as possible).

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Why HT Omega Claro? I just bought an Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 for $75 yesterday, same DAC as Claro and EMU0404USB.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #6 of 9
I have both..the Juli@ is 2X the cost of the HD2 and I am hard pressed to hear the difference. The HD2 took about a week to break in and I could not be happier, until a newer one comes out.,.lol

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 9
You might want to move fast on the AudioTrak Prodigy HD2, they're a very hot item right now so alot of places are having a hard time keeping them on hand. I got mine from Florida Music Co. online and I was initially told they wouldn't have them in until the end of August but I went ahead and ordered anyway so I could make sure to get one but was surprised day before yesterday when I got an email saying my order had shipped
atsmile.gif

No telling how many they have left

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 9
I love the analog outs on my HT Omega Claro+. I used them to drive Sennheiser HD-595 cans before I upgraded to HD-650 with Zero DAC. I think the DAC and/or OPAMP of the Claro+ is slightly better than the Zero DAC, and I even have the upgraded Zero DAC discussed elsewhere on this site.

That said, I have no doubt there are other good options.

EDIT: That HD2 actually looks pretty sweet!

http://www.audiotrak.net/products/prodigyhd2/

I'd love to do an A/B versus my HT Omega Claro+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back