Do I need a DAC?
Jan 31, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #16 of 18
They look pretty promising and very upgradable, how do you think they par with the JDS 02/Odac combo? Considering the price difference.

The most obvious difference is that the Magni/2/Uber has higher output power, which only really matters for headphones that need an amp.

For further details, look in the review section of the site. (Or just look at my signature and see which ones I chose based on my own research.)

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #17 of 18
The most obvious difference is that the Magni/2/Uber has higher output power, which only really matters for headphones that need an amp.

For further details, look in the review section of the site. (Or just look at my signature and see which ones I chose based on my own research.)

Fair enough, the gear I have at the moment doesn't need much power I think (Ath-M50/Philips Fidelio S2+Uptowns/Soungmagic Hp200/Goldring GR150), so I think the Modi/Magni 2 would work great.

Yea ill read up on reviews as much as I can, thanks for the advice :)

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 18
If you eventually want to use powered speakers with your setup or a speaker amp, it is worth upgrading to the Magni 2 Uber to get the preamp output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back