Do I have sensitive ears? (Grado SR-225 related)
Sep 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #46 of 49
I tried yeasterday HD600 in shop I guess sansa clip+ibasso D2 is poor for potencial HD600 but sound was nice all the way much much better than SR225. HD600 has nice warm fully sound without harshness. SR225 sound is near my head without soundstage in compare I feel also worse detail and they are definitely bright/sharp with bowls for my ears and it is not much pleasant with metal or some bad recordings, SR225 arent rival for the HD600 and I really enjoy even metal with sennheiser and want to sell my grado. Question is, I havnet chance try D2000 unfortunately, I know that cant make mistake with sennheiser and D2000 is risk without trying hard to decide. But it is subjective things everyone listen different music and has different source 100 people and 100 taste.

Sep 17, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #47 of 49
That's the way everyone is I guess
wink.gif

hmpf
: You like the large soundstage while listening to your music, but I love the 'in my face' effect..

So, SR225's are wonderful for me, if I get to listen to sharp-trebled records, I just lower the highs in the EQ and that's it!

They're not piercing, even the fastest black metal is lovely with them, I get every detail and everything is pleasant...

Anyway, cheers for everyone's liking!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #48 of 49
i find that Tool uses a lot of bass and this compliments my a900 much more so than my sr225.

I didn't read through the entire thread but have you tried the audio-technica line?

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #49 of 49
I use a reverse modded HD414 pads. Definitely better than the bowls. More bass and less harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back