Do headphones cause or aggravate baldness?
Jul 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

GanChan

500+ Head-Fier
I've been using traditional over-the-ear headphones for decades now. I've always had a pretty thick head of hair, but I notice that it's thinnest up on top -- right where the headphone band would normally sit.

Have any of you noticed something similar in your dealings with headphones? Am I wearing a hole in my hair?
smile.gif
 Is it time to switch to IEMs full time? 

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 14
Find a woman who thinks your bald spot is sexy, then you can stop worrying about it. :)

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 14
Generative tissue is sensitive to heat, so keep those hair follicles happy by not washing your hair with hot water.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 14
Shave it all, problem solved.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I've been using traditional over-the-ear headphones for decades now. I've always had a pretty thick head of hair, but I notice that it's thinnest up on top -- right where the headphone band would normally sit.

Have any of you noticed something similar in your dealings with headphones? Am I wearing a hole in my hair?
smile.gif
 Is it time to switch to IEMs full time? 

It's called Male Pattern Baldness. Welcome to the club, and sorry about your hair.
biggrin.gif

(My sister is a surgical nurse for a hair replacement clinic, so I know a little about it. I have the same problem, but fixing it is very expen$ive.)

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #9 of 14
I refuse to "fix" it - I wear my bald pate with pride!  I see it as a triumph of man over nature.  We have clearly learned how to extend our lifetimes well past the intended natural time period.  Yay for technology!

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 14
Rogaine does work, just don't ever stop using it.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Rogaine does work, just don't ever stop using it.

I am waaay past the Rogaine stage.  I would be more in the "Hair Club for Men" area...

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Haha I love this thread. I am blessed/young enough to have no such issues.

Jinxed yourself.

The lesser amount of hair, the less to worry about?

Good news is no one cares what you look like, just like you don't care what everyone else looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back