Do Denon D2000s tend to fall apart?
Nov 8, 2007 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

guynbluejeans

New Head-Fier
I read a review the other day in which the fellow doing the review gave them high marks but said that he was turned off a bit because somewhere around the fourth day of using them one of the ear cups (or something) fell off. And I seem to recall a couple of you folks saying something similar ... and thus (like in that scene in Dirty Harry with the ignoramus sprawled out on the sidewalk I ask) I'z gots ta know?

Nov 8, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 8
There seemed to be a tendency for some of the screws they use to be slightly under-sized and sometimes not properly threaded. A dab of shellac or glue, or lock-tite takes care of the problem easily.

Nov 8, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Have had mine since they were first introduced (3-4 months?) without any incidents. I'm aware of that loose screw possibility of which you refer, as well as the fix of a touch of lock-tight needed to be applied if and when the issue happens here. Keep in mind, any and all issues/proublems are what does get posted here, and that may make it seem as though something is common when they maybe isolated incidents, perhaps...

In any event, no, the D2000s just don't fall apart commonly, IME
wink.gif

Good luck~

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 8
I reglued my screws before it was too late and since then very happy with HP.
Other than screws problem it’s a nice build/looking/sounding can! I even don't want to mention comfort. But some people find them too loose compare to other HPs.

Used for around $240-250 shipped they are definitely one of the best bang for the $. IMO

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 8
I have had no issues with mine and they have been shipped several times to other Head fi friends and returned in excellent shape, screws in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back