Do DACs matter?
Sep 8, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #61 of 124
I'm searching for a Good DAC for My HD600
My setup also include SS Headphone Ampli Lake People G103 or G109
Some time ago I had taken a look at the Topping d50 (not S series)
The model has two converters Chip Sabre ES9038Q2M and No Balanced Output
SNR 122 (It's very quiet) and THD 0.0004% (very low harmonic distortion)
I was tempted but many users say it's not a musical DAC,with an analytical sound
I don't know If it fits perfectly with HD600..
I'm searching for a DAC with a certain musicality that Could Fit perfectly with the carachter of HD600
Thanks
As someone who's currently living with a d50s, having sold a d90 to upgrade to a holo spring...I can't wait to take this thing out of my system and start enjoying music again. You can do so much better. The bass is weak, highs are sharp, soundstage and image specificity are ...what you'd expect for the price point.

But hey, it's still better than my old odac:upside_down:

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #62 of 124
@kingoftown

Thank You for your reply.
I'm a beginner with Absolutely No experience in the world of Headphones..
I listen Basically Blues/Psychedelic Rock of the 70's focused on the Electric Guitar..
I have a pair of HD518 and a cheap chinese DAC+AMP FX-Audio X6 MKII
I Wanna upgrade My Setup starting from the Headphone..HD600 Is My next purchase..But I have to buy a powerful SS Headphone Ampli and A DAC.
I have no experience and I think starting with a decent DAC would help me to improve My Skill in Audio listening..

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #64 of 124
I listen Basically Blues/Psychedelic Rock of the 70's focused on the Electric Guitar..
Audio GD R2R-11 works well with HD600, it is my setup. I was re-discovering my old 60's-70's CD's after getting R2R-11. If you can't get it, then R-28, more expensive but worth if you can afford it.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #65 of 124
Audio GD R2R-11 works well with HD600, it is my setup. I was re-discovering my old 60's-70's CD's after getting R2R-11. If you can't get it, then R-28, more expensive but worth if you can afford it.
It's an All In One:pre/DAC/Amp
I was searching for Single Unit,in order to make experiment and Upgrade If necessary..
Sorry for My Ignorance but Is A PRE useful?

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #66 of 124
As someone who's currently living with a d50s, having sold a d90 to upgrade to a holo spring...I can't wait to take this thing out of my system and start enjoying music again. You can do so much better. The bass is weak, highs are sharp, soundstage and image specificity are ...what you'd expect for the price point.

But hey, it's still better than my old odac:upside_down:
I'm glad to know you enjoyed the d90 considering I ordered a d70s to pair with my Burson Soloist 3X

The d70s is very similar to the d90(AKM Chips) and arguably better based on what I've read.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #67 of 124
Overall I was really happy with the d90, although I was pairing it with a Singxer SU-6, which was cost as much as the d90 itself. The only thing that ultimately made me want to upgrade was want of better imaging & instrument separation.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #68 of 124
As I said before,I'm a Beginner and I’d like to experience and start with a mid-price DAC.
The majority of My Budget Is for HD600
As first DAC a Topping D50 would be un upgrade to The One I Have at The Moment?A cheap FX-Audio X6MKII
I've to consider the characheristics of the Headphones that I Choose?HD600 is Basically neutral with good mids..
A Topping would Emphasize the Highs of the HD600?
Topping DAC are famous for their sharpness in the High End

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #69 of 124
It's an All In One:pre/DAC/Amp
I was searching for Single Unit,in order to make experiment and Upgrade If necessary..
Sorry for My Ignorance but Is A PRE useful?
Pre-amp is able to adjust a volume on RCA outputs as well (not only a headphone amp), but there is a switch for a fixed output (no pre-amp). Very useful. If you think of other analogue sources, then answer is no, there are only digital inputs.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #70 of 124
iFi Zen series products offers inexpensive line of products, including amp specially designed with hd600 in mind.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #71 of 124
iFi Zen series products offers inexpensive line of products, including amp specially designed with hd600 in mind.
Have t heard the Zen, but that’s a great suggestion.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #72 of 124
Have t heard the Zen, but that’s a great suggestion.

Honestly, neither have I. But, since budget is limited and hd600 were mentioned, it seems like an option to consider. I would advice you look up tread on here or Drop regarding those specific products and pairing impressions with hd600 cans.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #73 of 124
Honestly, neither have I. But, since budget is limited and hd600 were mentioned, it seems like an option to consider. I would advice you look up tread on here or Drop regarding those specific products and pairing impressions with hd600 cans.
Great suggestion.

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #75 of 124
Pegasus or Denafrips for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back